Geology and Physical Science - Part Time Faculty
The Montgomery College Science, Engineering & Technology unit is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching Geology and Physical Science. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
• The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as "TBA" does not constitute an assignment.
• The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
• During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
• During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
Duties and Responsibilities
• The faculty member will be primarily responsible for teaching Physical Geology, with the opportunity to also teach Physical Science (a survey course for Education majors covering the basics of physics, chemistry, and earth sciences).
• The faculty member will teach both lecture and lab sections, covering the standard topics of minerals, rocks, plate tectonics, geologic time, Earth processes, and geomorphology.
• Faculty members are expected to hold office hours, attend required meetings and will have the opportunity to participate in professional development activities.
• Master's degree in geology or related field.
• College level teaching experience.
• Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
• Doctorate degree in geology or related field.
• Demonstrated excellence in classroom instruction using a variety of teaching methods.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated currency in geosciences.
• Experience in working with students of culturally diverse backgrounds and/or underprepared students.
• Understanding of and commitment to the community college mission.
• Experience in distance delivery and other instructional methods.
• Please visit www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment to apply online.
• The application process includes 10 steps.
• Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
• Include dates of employment in your application or attachment.
• Complete a set of pre-screening questions.
• E-sign your application.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
• Completion of a background check.
• Submission of an official transcript of relevant degree
• Submission of three letters of professional reference
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free environment
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.