FACULTY ASSOCIATE - CHEMICAL & BIOLOGICAL ENGINEERING
JOB NO.: 91173-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: ENGR/CHEM & BIOLOGICAL ENGR
Categories: Engineering, Instructional
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 91173-AS
Working Title: Faculty Associate - Chemical & Biological Engineering
Official Title: FACULTY ASSOCIATE(D92DN) or ASSOC FACULTY ASSOC(D92FN) or ASST FACULTY ASSOC(D92LN)
Hiring Department: A191200-COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING/CHEM & BIOLOGICAL ENGR
Anticipated Begin Date: AUGUST 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $70,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
One year of experience in instruction in chemical engineering courses. Some industrial experience is desirable.
* Experience with classroom teaching in chemical engineering or related disciplines, in a higher education setting.
* Familiarity with modern pedagogical methods, including online/hybrid teaching strategies.
* Experience providing technologically oriented instructional design support and consultation in a higher education setting, in chemical engineering or related discipline.
* Ability to learn new instruction technologies and pedagogial methods, and adapt these technologies and methods into the chemical engineering curriculum.
* Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
* Demontrated ability to lead team projects.
* Strong analytical, organization, and leadership skills.
* Ability to establish good working relationships with a wide range of people within an academic community.
* Commitment to providing outstanding service and support to students, faculty and staff.
Desired work experience:
* Experience coordinating or managing instruction design or related services.
* Knowledge of learning tools and mutimedia software
* Experience developing and delivering effective training materials.
* Supervisory experience.
* Experience developing systems, metrics, and practices for assessing and continuously improving quality of teaching and learning.
As a member of the professional team in the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering (CBE), the individual will be responsible for all aspects of providing comprehensive instructional support and curriculum development support. The individual will work closely with the Department Chair, the Associate Chairs, and other faculty and staff associated with CBE teaching and curriculum development. On occasion, this individual may teach InterEngineering courses to first-year engineering students.
Additional Information: We encourage applications from candidates whose skills and/or background prepare them to work effectively across socially diverse environment and economic classes.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants:
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume/curriculum vitae and cover letter. Please direct any questions to Christi Balas Levenson.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 23 Jun 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 23 Jul 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time