Senior Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado School of Medicine
University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Pediatrics - Section of Infectious Diseases
Senior Professional Research Assistant
Position #613426 - Requisition #9313
The University of Colorado School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Infectious Diseases, has an opening for a full-time/Senior Professional Research Assistant in the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Department at the University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus. This fulltime position will assist in conducting clinical trials and research projects involving recruitment of subjects into clinical and epidemiological studies at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora at Children's Hospital Colorado and University of Colorado Denver.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado public institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer 119 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is well known for its distinctive and highly productive research programs, its world-class health facilities at the Anschutz Medical Campus and its well-established partnerships in business, industry and government. These campuses currently have over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at our Anschutz Medical Campus, a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver. Denver is one of America's most vibrant urban centers and the downtown campus, located just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District, affords our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
Nature of Work:
- The Senior PRA will conduct clinical research and provide support for the studies and trials in Denver and International locations.
- Collaboration with co-investigators of epidemiologic and clinical studies, conducted in international locations.
- Travel to international locations. Take lead on International Studies and provide supervision of staff at these international locations.
- In Denver, the research involves epidemiologic and clinical trials of investigational drugs and products that will be conducted at University of Colorado Health and Children's Hospital Colorado.
- International Health
- Clinical Trials and Epidemiologic Studies
- Reports to Eric A. F. Simoes, MD Prof. of Pediatrics, Section of Infectious Diseases.
- Supervision of personnel associated with these International Studies
- Common to both international and local studies
- Lead study coordinator and Supervisor on activities with international and domestic collaborators
- Responsible for IRB submissions and communications with the IRB in Denver
- Develop and review informed consents
- Oversight of all projects and guidance to the Administrative Assistant
- International Studies:
- Review all study documents including protocols, SOP's and questionnaires
- Liaise between study teams in international countries and in Denver
- Develop periodic reports, of subject recruitment and data completeness
- To analyze statistical data using basic statistical programs
- Develop annual reports for funders
- Periodic international travel, between two and three weeks each time, as necessary
- Domestic Studies:
- Perform subject recruitment and coordinate study visit events.
- Complete research documentation, utilizing medical records, lab guidelines, protocol information and other resources for accurate completion and submission of research records
- Some unskilled clinical care duties; collecting, processing and storing samples for research including laboratory work
- Assist in preparation for site monitor visits
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Masters's Degree in or equivalent in biological or health-related Field
- Valid driver's license, proof of automobile insurance, and personal reliable vehicle
- Proficient in computer software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and statistical software
Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to understand complex organizations
- Ability to work independently, within a strong team environment
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities
- Attention to detail a must as well as ability to accurately prioritize workflow
- Ability to do home visits for subjects unable to attend hospital/clinics
- Proficient in one of the following statistical software applications 1. SPSS or 2. SAS or 3. STATA
- Experience with multi-center trials
- Spanish speaking
- Experience with electronic medical records (EPIC)
- Experience with Access database
Condition of Employment:
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado
- Ability to travel to clinics/practices in Denver Metro area, and internationally
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a national criminal, motor vehicle, and sex offender background check.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to apply for this position, all applicants must have their Masters's degree or equivalent in biological or health-related Field and Research experience
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
If the references are not incorporated in the Resume/CV or in the application, attach as "List of References".
Questions should be directed to Kris Beam at email@example.com
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 9313
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21016 - SOM-PEDS ID-GenOps
Posting Date: Apr 25, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kris Beam
Posting Contact Email: Kris.Beam@childrenscolorado.org
Position Number: 00613426