Advanced Practice Provider
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Advanced Practice Provider
The Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery at the CU School of Medicine has a faculty position available for a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner at the rank of Instructor. The cardiothoracic surgery service at University of Colorado Hospital (UCH) is a high volume, high acuity service providing tertiary level care across the entire spectrum of cardiothoracic surgery. Under the direction of the full-time faculty, this position provides critical care services to cardiothoracic surgery patients housed in the CT ICU.
- Proper education and licensing/certification for a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner.
- Must be eligible for certification with independent prescriptive authority.
- Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with a diverse professional and patient population.
- Eligibility for prescriptive authority.
- Prior APP experience in cardiothoracic surgery is required
- Prior APP experience in a CT ICU settings is preferred
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 09545
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20314 - SOM-SRG-CT Clinical
Posting Date: Jun 23, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Mark Zolle
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00733425