DIRECTOR FOR EMPLOYER DEVELOPMENT
JOB NO.: 91055-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: L&S/CAREER INIT & CAREER SVCS
Categories: Academic Advising, Student Services/Support, Development, Alumni Affairs, Event Planning, Program Coordination, Extension, Outreach, Public Engagement, Marketing, Public Relations
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 91055-AS
Working Title: Director for Employer Development
Official Title: SR ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07BN) or ADMIN PROGRAM SPEC(R07DN) or ASSOC ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07FN)
Hiring Department: A480500-COL OF LETTERS & SCIENCE/CAREER INIT & CAREER SVCS
Anticipated Begin Date: AUGUST 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $43,432 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
A Bachelor's degree is required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
A minimum of 1 year of professional experience in corporate college recruiting, external relations, business development, fundraising or advancement, marketing, and/or sales roles.
Qualified candidates ideally will have:
- Proven success with program management, including program development, implementation, evaluation and assessment
- Experience organizing and managing multiple priorities, programs, and projects both independently and in a team
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships and securing further commitment
- Proven track record of developing new business opportunities within a corporate or higher education environment and the acumen to lead opportunities to close
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills as well as public relations acumen
- Ability to work collaboratively with numerous stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds and identities, including corporate representatives and executives, non-profit and government professionals, alumni, career center staff, department faculty and staff, and campus partners
- Demonstrated proficiency designing and delivering presentations and programs
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, attend evening and/or weekend events, travel locally on a weekly basis to meet with prospective employers and have reliable transportation
- Successful track record of managing expenses and budgets
- General understanding of employer partnerships, including ongoing communication, check-ins, planning meetings, and tailored events
The Director of Employer Development reports to the Director of Internships and Employer Services and works closely with the Employer Relations team. The individual in this position will create an engagement plan for companies, ensure coordination with the Employer Relations Team to implement partnership activities, and ensure a positive relationship with L&S. It is this person's responsibility to develop strategies, implement action plans, execute activities, and complete employer partnership reports to meet annual objectives. This position will identify the needs of prospective employers, research and stay updated on new potential employers/contacts, conduct regular site visits, cold calls/emails, attend employer events, collect data on key employment metrics for the office, and conduct outreach to L&S alumni to increase involvement in employer relations.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the Apply Now button to start the application process.
An applicant may be hired in to an Assoc Admin Spec, Admin Spec or SrAdmin Spec title dependent upon experience. Title will be determined upon hire.
For questions on the position contact: Lauralee Wheeler, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this position, you will need to upload a cover letter, resume, and three professional references, including your current supervisor. References will not be contacted without advanced notice.
Your cover letter should address your qualifications as they pertain to the minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience listed above.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 23 Jun 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 26 Jul 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time