Senior Executive Director, University Advancement Administration
Salary: $94,600 - $186,400
Title: Senior Executive Director, University Advancement Administration
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Advancement Finance & Admin
Date Posted: 06/23/2017
Position Information: Incumbent manages the infrastructure for University Advancement. These functions include budget and planning, human resource management (including talent acquisition), and advancement services (including IT and gift acceptance/receipting). In supervising these functions, it is critical that the incumbent have both an intimate knowledge of day-to-day operational issues and also a broad view of the operations across University Advancement. Metrics tied to UA's strategic plan need to support/advance the performance of the entire organization. Incumbent is responsible for measuring success and being mindful of emerging trends, potential obstacles, and long range opportunities. Identify and implement new capabilities, improve services, and meet organization's goals. Organize, advance, and implement unit-wide business process redesign, information technology, and communications projects. Cover letter is required.
Minimum Requirements: Very strong ability to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify multiple options for resolution.
Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively lead, motivate and influence others and to develop and maintain high standards of customer service.
Excellent skills to work collaboratively and act persuasively in sensitive situations; skills in conflict management techniques.
Excellent ability to establish metrics for department and employee goals.
Thorough knowledge of financial analysis and reporting techniques; human resources and risk management planning; accounting and payroll.
Skills in organization and customer service to effectively manage multiple important (and sometimes competing) priorities.
Understanding of the advancement profession and how the components must be successfully integrated for maximum effectiveness.
Preferred Qualifications: Excellent project management skills, including the capability of managing capital projects.
Thorough knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
Experience with systems upgrades, conversions, implementation.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview