Assistant Professor of Neurology
The Department of Neurology at the University of Kentucky, College of Medicine is seeking a board eligible/board certified Neurologist to meet the medical and academic needs of the UK Neurology Department. The candidate must be committed to clinical care, instruction, and scholarly activity, and academic track and tenure status is dependent upon the candidate's experience and qualifications.
The primary responsibility of the individual in this position is to enhance the clinical practice at the University of Kentucky. They will also be responsible for providing direct patient care, serving as an attending physician, supervise students and residents assigned to the neurology department. The individual in this position is expected to provide, develop, and maintain clinical services as well as develop academic pursuits in the field.
Please include curriculum vita along with application. Applications will be reviewed immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Kentucky is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, African Americans, and all minorities.
Assistant Professor of Neurology
Type of Position
Position Time Status
1. M.D., D.O. or equivalent degree
2. Completion of Neurology residency training program
3. Must obtain Kentucky medical licensure before appointment.
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
License to practice medicine in the state of Kentucky
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Open Untill Filled
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- America's Job Exchange.com
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita