Functional Title Assistant Director
Position Type Administration - Staff
New Student Transitions & First Year Experience (NST&FYE) is committed to providing a comprehensive and collaborative approach to ensure the success and retention of our new students. NST & FYE helps new students and their families navigate the transition to college by connecting them to the people, programs, and resources at UNC Greensboro which provide a solid foundation for student success.
NST & FYE offers a range of programs and resources for new students delivered through orientation programs, transition courses, shared learning experiences, and peer support. Drawing from extensive knowledge about the first year experience, NST & FYE educates the campus community about the unique and evolving needs of our new students and their families in order for all of us to provide optimum support inside and outside the classroom.
NST & FYE ultimately encourages new students to explore UNCG, connect to its many resources, and excel academically and personally, while cultivating a sense of Spartan pride and affinity for UNC Greensboro.
- Foundations for Learning
- Keker First Year Common Read
- Peer Academic Leaders
- Alpha Lambda Delta
- Financial Literacy
- Academic Advising Inventory
- Supervision of a full time coordinator and a graduate assistant
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight for the FFL program which includes recruitment, course registration, enrollment, instructor selection, assessment, etc.;
- Plan, implement, and evaluate the annual FFL instructor institute;
- Lead the development of the FFL textbook, course materials, and curricular requirements for the courses;
- Facilitates awareness of the FFL program through marketing and promotion of services to faculty, staff, and prospective students and their families;
- Manage the full process of the Keker First Year Common Read selection process, including the selection committee and book order;
• Oversee the planning and implementation of curricular and co-curricular activities including Keker First Year Common Read selection and programming, including all collaborative programs with Global Engagement and the author visit,
• Oversee all aspects of the financial literacy initiative, including convening the ad hoc committee, presentations and promotional material;
• Implement, monitor, track, and share data from the academic advising inventory;
• Supervision of the coordinator who coordinates Rawkin' Welcome Week, advises Alpha Lambda Delta First Year Honor Society; recruits, trains, and supervises the Peer Academic Leaders, and Spartan SPEARS; and supports the Financial Literacy programs.
• Serve as a liaison to the advising council related to the AAI and FFL;
• Monitor budget expenditures for the FFL and Keker FYCR programs totaling over $200,000 annually;
• Supervise the Coordinator for First Year Experience and 1 graduate assistant;
This position supervises 1 full time coordinator, 1 graduate assistant, 25 Peer Academic Leaders. This position has a significant level of discretion and independence in program planning, budget management, and supervision.
Master's degree from a four year university or college in the area of higher education administration, college student personnel, student development, or related field.
•Experience planning, implementing, and evaluating training for student staff
•Ability to develop and implement presentations and workshops to diverse audiences
•Experience in large-scale programming planning, implementation, and evaluation
•Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
•Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of a team
•Experience supervising undergraduate or graduate students
•Basic knowledge of technologies, including word processing, excel, e-mail, PowerPoint and social media
•Be available and willing to work irregular office hours during certain times of the year
Tenure Status N/A
Recruitment Range Commensurate with education and experience
Org #-Department New Student & Spartan Family Prog - 44601
Job Open Date 06/23/2017
For Best Consideration Date 07/14/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu