Assistant Baseball Coach
LONG BEACH STATE ATHLETICS - ASSISTANT BASEBALL COACH
Coach - 12 Month Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Effective Date: On or about August 14, 2017
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree, prior athletic participation in baseball; and demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of and adherence to NCAA rules and regulations; experience in baseball as a player or coach at the college or professional level; demonstrated ability to assist with coaching and recruiting the highly skilled student-athlete; recruiting experience in the California area; public relations skills; excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and excellent organizational skills.
• Assist with the development and supervision of the student-athletes in the Baseball program.
• Assist with organizing, conducting, and supervising all practices and games.
• Assist with recruiting quality student-athletes in Southern California area under the guidelines established by the University, the NCAA, and the Big West Conference.
• Assist with scheduling nationally competitive teams in conjunction with the Head Coach.
• Assist with admissions, on-campus housing, and enrollment of recruited student-athletes with Head Coach.
• Assist with budgetary responsibilities including recruitment, team travel, and equipment.
• Perform computer related tasks.
• Monitor student-athlete academic progress.
• Participate in community fund-raising efforts and public relations.
• A letter of application addressing the three minimum qualifications listed above and any preferred qualifications (please include recruitment number) along with resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references.
• Finalist will be required to submit signed SC-1 form and official transcript from institution awarding highest degree.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Review of applications will begin on or about July 24, 2017 and the position will remain open until filled. Applications, required documentation, and/or requests for information should be addressed to (no phone calls please):
Director of Administrative Operations
Long Beach State Athletics
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-7701
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility, and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity/Title IX Employer