Job Number: 75415
Web Developer with Stanford Web Services Stanford Web Services very well may be looking for you. You make websites You are a skilled web developer with 5-8 years of professional experience. You:
- Are versatile, self-directed, and enjoy building secure, accessible, and fast websites.
- Appreciate a strong development workflow with code reviews and version control.
- Are active on drupal.org and GitHub (or Bitbucket).
- Like to learn new things, because let's face it: things just don't stay the same.
- Get bonus points if you enjoy mentoring and are comfortable with public speaking.
- You write clear, robust, well-documented code and use existing code where possible.
- You have learned or would like to learn more about universal design and web accessibility.
- You never rest on your laurels and instead look forward to improving the next time around.
- You'll develop, improve, and document code (e.g., modules and themes) on custom projects for clients.
- You'll advise on development strategy ranging in complexity from single websites to complex products and services.
- You'll review code for functionality, accessibility, security, performance, and maintainability.
- You'll embody the agile spirit through active participation in daily scrum, weekly development sprint meetings, and project and sprint retrospectives.
- You'll develop, improve, and document code, features, and installation profiles for services (e.g., the Drupal-based Stanford Sites Jumpstart) and platforms (e.g., Stanford Sites Drupal content management system).
- You'll look for opportunities to reuse custom components created for client work, folding them into the underlying framework to benefit the greater campus community.
- You'll contribute to multiple open-source software projects (e.g., Drupal, WordPress, Behat).
- You'll support our customer experience team on complex development-related questions.
- You'll participate in Stanford's Communities of Practice to support an open and sharing environment with our peers.
- You'll keep your skills sharp through attending conferences and training.
- Design, implement, and manage web-based applications, databases, and interfaces from initial design and architecture through development, test, and deployment.
- Implement and maintain Drupal and WordPress content management systems, including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and creation of Stanford-specific modules or plug-ins, in a collaborative development workflow. Develop and deploy upgrade/migration plans for content management systems.
- Perform web platform analytics; identify and work in collaboration with departments and units to resolve strategic and university-wide problems.
- Develop and deploy web applications and client-side web interface components that interact with relational database management systems that integrate with Stanford's web, authentication, and authorization infrastructure.
- Evaluate and implement new programming languages and technologies. Provide life-cycle management for software and code.
- Design and document data structures, architecture, and process flows for websites, web-based applications, and databases.
- Mentor, oversee, and check the work of other staff on technical matters. Conduct security reviews of applications written by other developers.
- Design, coordinate, and troubleshoot integrations, components, and infrastructures to run enterprise class website.
- Research, evaluate, and enforce web standards for usability and accessibility. Develop and enforce Stanford programming and application design standards.
- Facilitate vendor relationships.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated significant experience in developing websites and web applications using content management systems, open source tools, languages, libraries, and current standards-compliant code.
- Strong understanding of Drupal architecture and experience in creating and maintaining Drupal modules.
- Experience in a collaborative development workflow, including development/stage/production environments, code reviews, Drupal Features, installation profiles, and Git/GitHub.
- Experience in test automation and continuous delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to write, compile, test, debug, and deploy software on UNIX-like platforms and web servers.
- Knowledge of web analytics tools and related analyses.
- Ability to design and manage relational databases.
- Ability to design and implement RESTful web services using Drupal.
- Ability to interact positively with and build consensus among a diverse group of colleagues, clients, and senior leadership.
- Ability to understand and manage greater web environment.
- Ability to design and integrate complex web enterprise systems.
- Familiarity with browser devices and platform differences and idiosyncrasies, and ability to develop workarounds to accommodate specialized user/client needs and device platforms.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
Strong visual acuity.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, https://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: Business Affairs
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.