Job Number: 75376
The School of Medicine (SoM) Curriculum Administrator manages the SoM curriculum databases, for both MD and Biosciences programs. Fully delegated authority from the University Registrar's Office is vested in this position to maintain and make decisions regarding the PeopleSoft Course Catalog, Instructor/Advisor Table, Faculty independent study sections, and quarterly Schedule of Classes databases. This position also: administers the SoM's participation in the University Course Evaluation System; is responsible for resolving HelpSU tickets involving SoM courses and classes; serves as AuthorityManager for SoM Department Course Administrators. The SoM Curriculum Administrator is also responsible for maintaining the SoM Online Catalog, Curriculum Management Website, Academic Calendar, the SoM sections in the University Bulletin, and responding to miscellaneous, curriculum-related questions and informational needs within the SoM. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of School of Medicine course data in the University Course Catalog database of record. Serve as executor of course and clerkship information in the database for 35 SoM departments.
- Serve as interface with the University Registrar's Office for the annual updating of program descriptions and faculty listings for the 19 SoM degree-granting departments.
- Orchestrate annual review and update by departments of entire academic year's offerings for all four quarters. Review, and approve changes submitted via the Webform for transmission into the PeopleSoft Class Schedule Database. Generate, review and troubleshoot the resulting SoM Schedule of Classes.
- Maintain a close relationship with the University Registrar's Office: attend monthly meetings for department administrators, serve on task forces, participate in training sessions, participate in systems testing, keep abreast of curriculum maintenance policies, procedures, and technology.
- Serve as owner of the SoM Curriculum Management Website comprising policies and procedures to assist department administrators and faculty with creating new courses or clerkships, making changes, scheduling, and reserving classrooms. Enhance and maintain the content of on an ongoing basis.
- Create annual SoM Academic Calendar, incorporating School of Medicine-specific academic activities and dates into the University Academic Calendar.
- Develop processes to track metrics of curriculum functions. Audit course set up and proactively address set up issues.
- Recommend, implement, and utilize technology solutions to meet business needs, including course catalog and curriculum planning system.
- Strong communication skills to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences, client groups, and management.
- Advanced analysis and problem solving skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced customer service skills.
- Relevant computer systems/technology experience.
- Understanding of financial transactions.
- Ability to ensure and apply compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
- Knowledge of Stanford University Medical School curriculum, both MD and Biosciences
- Knowledge of both University and Medical School curriculum-related policies and procedures
- Knowledge of both University and Medical School policies related to eligibility to teach (faculty appointments, TAs, and Post-docs).
- Basic understanding of the SoM TECU system
- Experience with Stanford University applications; PeopleSoft Student Administration, Axess, BI reporting, HelpSu Remedy, Authorit (Bulletin), Filemaker Pro (SoM Catalog), Fastfac (SoM faculty appointments).
- Experience with maintaining websites desired
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
Job: Student Services
Location: School of Medicine
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.