Integrative Medicine Veterinary Technician I
Veterinary Technician I (CARE)Job Description:
The Veterinary Technician position in UF's Integrative Medicine service will assist with treatments, instruction, and organization of patients being seen for acupuncture, rehabilitation, nutrition, or hyperbaric oxygen therapies.
- This position assists with exams, directly provides rehabilitation and hyperbaric oxygen therapies under the direction of faculty veterinarians, assists with acupuncture and nutritional therapies, coordinates the schedule and interfaces with other services, and provides clinical instruction and assistance to veterinary students.
- Modalities currently used in this service include: land and underwater treadmill, current pool, acupuncture and electroacupuncture, electrical stimulation, laser, therapeutic ultrasound, shockwave, hyperbaric oxygen therapy, and manual therapies.
- The service treats small animals, exotics, wildlife, and some equine patients.
- This position has direct contact with clients and referring veterinarians and must have excellent communication skills.
- The ideal candidate combines exceptional customer service with veterinary technical skill, excitement to learn new modalities of treatment, and a passion for teaching.
- This position requires a post-offer health assessment.
Starting salary is $13.00 to $17.00 per hour; commensurate with education and experience.Minimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of veterinary experience or one year of veterinary experience and currently enrolled in a veterinary technician program or a graduate of a veterinary technician program.Preferred Qualifications:
- Willingness to achieve certification in rehabilitation therapy through either Canine Rehabilitation Institute or University of Tennessee training program.
- Certified Canine Rehabilitation Assistant through the Canine Rehabilitation Institute or University of Tennessee or equivalent program.
In order to be considered for this position, you must upload a resume, cover letter and list of references.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants do not need to reapply.
This is a CARE position offering limited benefits, including health insurance and paid time off.Health Assessment Required: Yes