IT Systems Analyst
IT Systems Analyst
Job Number: 75358
Reporting to the Functional Manager of Campus Solutions and HR Systems group within Administrative Systems (AS), this position requires strong functional and technical knowledge of the PeopleSoft Enterprise Learning Management, Portal and Web applications, Human Resource, Time and Labor, Student Administration, Campus Solutions.
A successful candidate will have demonstrated a track record of capturing and modeling business requirements and working with business partners to understand directions and priorities to assure the delivery of quality solutions providing with the highest value to the University and the lowest cost of ownership. Experience in design of interfaces between Applications is highly desirable.
The Campus Solutions and HR Systems team is responsible for the support, maintenance, operations and upgrades of the PeopleSoft applications as well as other third party applications that interface with PeopleSoft.
- Support applications, including (but not limited to) PeopleSoft HRSA (Admissions, Student Records, Financial Aid, Student Financials, Human Capital Management, Time & Labor); Portal; Enterprise Learning Management, and Nolij
- Act as single point of contact between IT and the customer.
- Perform necessary business and system analysis to gather all pertinent data related to issues in production system, patches, upgrades, and enhancements.
- Collaborate with business partners to gather requirements and identify gaps between requirements and the application. Assist business partners with determining deliverables, creating system test plans, identifying test scenarios, managing user-acceptance testing and conducting production roll out of resolution.
- Collaborate with developers on application specifications and system enhancements to ensure appropriateness of design and delivering resolution of issues; work with business partners to test and deploy resolution in a timely manner.
- Assist with initial determination of the feasibility of requests and ensure user requirements are thoroughly and accurately documented in accordance with standard techniques.
- Interact with team members, the user community and others on an ongoing basis to ensure accurate identification and delivery of business requirements.
- Make formal recommendations, and write application specifications, including conversion, upgrade and interface routines.
- Develop functional specifications to ensure compliance with system development lifecycle methods.
- Team up with business partners and developers to set realistic response time and/or deliverable expectations.
- Manage the implementation of the approved development in partnership with developers and business partners.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: Business Affairs: Administrative Systems (IT)
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.