Temp Spec Projects Mgr, Basic Skills & Student Outcomes Transformation & Initiative Prog.
Temp Spec Projects Mgr, Basic Skills & Student Outcomes Transformation & Initiative Prog.
Mt. San Antonio College
Job Category: Management
Time (Percent Time): 100%
Term (months/year): 12
Current Work Schedule (days, hours): Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Salary Range: M-9
Salary: Steps 1 - 6, $91,368 - $103,608 annually
Health & Welfare: The College contributes $7,775 toward annual premiums for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage. Lifetime retirement benefits provided for eligible retirees. The District participates in the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS), State Teachers’ Retirement System (STRS) retirement programs, and MetLife Social Security Alternative Plan. Note Salary and Health & Welfare Benefits are subject to change.
Department: Instruction Office
Open Date: 06/22/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Under the direction of the Associate Vice President, Instruction, the Special Projects Manager will coordinate and provide leadership for successful implementation of the Basic Skills and Student Outcomes Transformation Grant and Basic Skills Initiative Program. The Special Projects Manager will plan, direct, and oversee the grants to maintain state and district compliance.
Essential Duties/Major Responsibilities:
• Plan and oversee the implementation and coordination of the Basic Skills and Student Outcomes Transformation Grant program and the Basic Skills Initiative program activities
• Collaborate with the Instruction Division and Student Services to create and implement activities in the Basic Skills and Student Outcomes Transformation Grant program and Basic Skills Initiative program
• Ensure timely completion of all objectives and activities of the project plans
• Collaborate with faculty to implement each component of the grants, including acting as the liaison between faculty and administration connected to the grants
• Act as the liaison between the College and the Chancellor’s Office on all matters relating to the grants
• Ensure timely submission to the Chancellor’s Office of all required fiscal reports and grant progress reports
• Manage grant budgets, ensuring integrity in fiscal matters related to the grants
• Implement the grants in full compliance with Chancellor’s Office guidelines, keeping current with related policies and regulations
• Develop and implement an effective evaluation of program objectives and program impact on the College
• Collaborate with Research and Institutional Effectiveness to develop tools that will measure and track student and program success
• Assist with the recruitment of students and marketing of grant programs
• Develop and arrange for professional development opportunities to support the grant program objectives
• Deliver presentations about grant activities and outcomes and student success
• Supervise, train, and evaluate assigned personnel
Performs other duties as assigned.
Project policies, procedures and practices; writing, implementation, and evaluation of grants; organizational operations and grant budget management
Skills and Abilities:
Assess, develop, implement, and evaluate project activities; organize time and resources; work both independently and in a team environment; utilize word processing and spreadsheet software; coordinate and conduct meetings; speak and write effectively; utilize correct English, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
Minimum Qualifications/Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in an area related to the project(s) and at least two (2) years of experience in administering the specified project(s) or similar project(s).
License(s) & Other Requirements:
Possession of, a valid California Driver’s License by time of appointment.
Employees work in an office and classroom environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances. Employees may interact with upset staff, students, and/or the public in interpreting and enforcing division and department policies and procedures.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office and classroom setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer; to operate a motor vehicle and to visit various District and meeting sites; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. This is primarily a sedentary office classification although standing and walking between work areas may be required. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment. Positions in this classification occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information. Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects up to 20 pounds.
No direct exposure to hazardous physical substances.
Instructions re: Confidential Letter of Recommendation:
Conditions of Employment:
This is a full-time, temporary, twelve (12) month position for the 2017-18 academic year.
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been live-scanned and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for live-scan services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees - The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: http://www.mtsac.edu/safety/pdf/2014ASRFinal.pdf
The person holding this position is considered a ‘Responsible Employee’ under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the College’s Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
Typing Certificate Requirements:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; however, those submitted by 11:59 p.m. (PST) on July 5, 2017 (Initial Screening Date) are assured consideration.
Applicants must submit all of the following materials online at http://hrjobs.mtsac.edu to be considered for this position:
1. A Mt. San Antonio College online application.
2. A cover letter describing how the applicant meets the required education and experience.
3. A detailed résumé that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position.
4. Three letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation).
5. College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
Please note: A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through the Office of Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: email@example.com.
THE MT. SAN ANTONIO COLLEGE DISTRICT WILL NOT SPONSOR ANY VISA APPLICATIONS.
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline.
A committee will evaluate applications, taking into account breadth and depth of relevant education, training, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities. Interviews may include a writing sample, committee presentation, and/or performance test. The committee will recommend finalists to the President/CEO and/or Vice President of Instruction for a second interview. The number of vacancies is dependent on student enrollment, College resources, needs, and Board of Trustees’ approval. The starting date will be following Board approval and receipt of live scan clearance. TRAVEL POLICY: Costs associated with travel in excess of 150 miles one way from residence for the purpose of an interview will be reimbursed up to $500 maximum. Relocation costs will be borne by the successful candidate.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be guaranteed consideration, it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all required materials are received before the initial screening date and time indicated on the job posting. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. All application materials will become College property, will not be returned, and will not be copied. Please visit our employment website at http://hrjobs.mtsac.edu to complete and submit your application for this position.
The College is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the College is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (gender), age, sexual orientation, or the perception that a person has one or more of these characteristics.
Conflict of Interest:
Conflict of Interest
Cancel RTF Policy:
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO RE-OPEN, RE-ADVERTISE, DELAY OR CANCEL FILLING THIS POSITION. THIS RECRUITMENT MAY BE USED TO FILL FUTURE VACANCIES.
To apply, visit: https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu/