Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Department: BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING
The Musculoskeletal Biomechanics Laboratory is seeking a talented and motivated individual to join several projects focused on the biomechanics of bone adaptation. The long-term goal is to develop and assess physical activity-based interventions to improve bone strength in older women.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biomechanics, or a related field
- excellent written and oral English language communication skills
- strong interpersonal skills
- an interest in bone adaptation and musculoskeletal biomechanics
- prior experience with mechanical testing, finite element modeling and/or computer programming is highly desirable
- interest in working with human subjects in a clinical research setting is essential
- To participate in the Army project, applicants must be a US Citizen or permanent resident
Posting Date: 06/22/2017
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability. We are looking for individuals who value creativity, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
To apply, visit: https://careers.wpi.edu/postings/4650
WPI, the nation's third oldest private technological university, established in 1865 by New England industrialists John Boynton and Ichabod Washburn consists of 80 acres set in a safe, residential section of Worcester, Massachusetts—the second largest city in New England—home to 13 colleges, and situated 40 miles west of Boston.