Reference and Online Learning Librarian
The University of Southern Indiana's David L. Rice Library seeks an experienced, technologically adept, forward-thinking, and public service oriented individual as our Reference and Online Learning Librarian. The University of Southern Indiana (USI) is among the fastest growing public institutions in the state of Indiana, with over 10,000 students, four colleges, and eighty academic programs. Our collaborative culture, regional connectedness, and robust fiscal condition set us apart, and USI is expanding its online offerings at both the undergraduate and graduate level. Benefits include medical, dental, group term life, full tuition waiver for employees, and 75% tuition waiver for spouses and dependent children, vision benefits, and more.
The Reference and Online Learning Librarian will provide reference and instructional assistance for online learners, including research instruction. This librarian will consult with instructors and academic support staff regarding library assistance for online courses and assignments, and will remain up-to-date with trends in instructional technologies, instructional design, and information literacy instruction. The Reference and Online Learning Librarian will participate in the design, production, and assessment of online learning modules and tutorials, and work toward providing face-to-face and online learners with equivalent educational experiences. This librarian will teach research instruction sessions, both undergraduate and graduate level, and will provide face-to-face, phone, and virtual reference service to members of the USI community. The librarian in this position will contribute to collaborative technology and space planning in the library, and will create and maintain research guides to support USI programs, courses, and special topics.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- American Library Association-accredited Master of Library Science degree (or equivalent) required.
- Minimum of one year of experience in an academic library.
- Experience with teaching with technology, developing digital content, working with technologies and tools such as learning management systems, video creation/editing software, and presentation tools.
- Knowledge of issues and current trends in libraries, particularly college and university libraries.
- Proficiency with technology used in an educational or library setting is required, including but not limited to: tutorial software, such as Camtasia, Voice Thread, Adobe Captivate, or Panopto; Adobe Premiere Pro; Microsoft Office applications; software for creating research guides, such as LibGuides; online indexes and databases; integrated library systems; and discovery tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; strong public service orientation; ability to work independently and collaboratively; flexible; attention to detail.
Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To learn more about the position and to apply, please visit www.usi.edu/hr/employment.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, the University of Southern Indiana considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.