Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 4230 - FT - Unclassified (salaried)
The Assistant Director of the Office of Equity and Equal Opportunity (OEEO) will support the department's mission of promoting fairness and justice, ensuring that each member of the Miami University community is and feels included and promoting a diverse and welcoming environment that is equally accessible for all who live, learn, work and participate in activities at Miami University.
The Assistant Director, an integral member of the OEEO team, will report directly to the Director of OEEO. The Assistant Director will support the OEEO's mission by working with other Assistant Director by collecting, maintaining, cleaning, and analyzing data in the creation of the annual Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) for minorities and females and annual AAP for veterans and people with disabilities; leading efforts to create and implement action-oriented programs for the annual AAPs; attending job fairs; leading efforts and providing strategies to address areas of underutilization; performing affirmative action internal audits; compiling data for the Federal Contractor Veterans' Employment Report (VETS-4212); tracking federal regulation changes regarding equal employment opportunity and affirmative action; reviewing and approving employment requests, including, reviewing and approving employment recommendations, promotions, reorganizations; collecting, reviewing and approving applicant flow data; meeting with and conducting search committee training for unclassified administrative searches; representing OEEO on committees and at meetings; ensuring federal and state labor law posters are current and properly posted; and other duties as assigned by the Director of OEEO.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Public Administration, Psychology, Sociology, or related field;
- At least one (1) year of related experience in affirmative action, equal employment opportunity, and/or human resources, or any equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Knowledge of non-discrimination policies;
- Knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to make difficult decisions and confidently give clear, decisive and definitive responses to high-level University officials (e.g. President, Provost, Vice Presidents);
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and also to work independent of direct supervision;
- Ability to complete projects in a timely manner and to prioritize tasks;
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality; and
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and/or weekends, as needed.
Work experience gained during the completion of degree programs may be counted towards these requirements.
OEEO Statement: The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.