Assistant Men's Soccer Coach - WVU Beckley
West Virginia University Institute of Technology (WVU Tech), part of the WVU system of campuses, is seeking a self-motivated and driven Assistant Men's Soccer Coach for the new WVU Beckley campus. This position will report to the WVU Tech Athletic Director.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Head Coach in managing all aspects associated with a collegiate men's soccer program. Work in this position will primarily focus on the development of student-athletes.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Assist the head coach in managing all aspects of a NAIA Division I or NCAA Division II Men's Soccer Program.
- Coach the junior varsity/club teams.
- Coach on the field in area assigned by the head coach.
- Assist in preparing for competition.
- Assist in evaluating talent in current and prospective student-athletes.
- Assist in organizing and conducting a strength and conditioning program.
- Assist in organizing team meetings, student halls, and workouts etc.
- Assist in monitoring academic progress, retention rates, and graduation rates of student-athletes.
- Assist in disciplining and monitoring conduct of student-athletes.
- Remain current and adhere to all institutional, NAIA and conference rules.
- Assist in compiling annual inventories and prepare for equipment purchases according to state policy.
- Assist in maintaining a competitive team.
- Assist in recruiting quality student-athletes that meet criteria established by athletic administration.
- Assist in organizing pregame activities.
- Collaborate with staff, faculty and students.
Work hours: Various
Length of Assignment: 10 months
Date of Appointment: Immediate
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately
WVU Tech is a regional division of the West Virginia University system and is located in Beckley, West Virginia. It boasts a 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio and an average class size of 17 students, allowing personalized attention in a supportive environment. WVU Tech is ranked first in the state for return on investment, and seventh in the nation in annual ROI for students paying in-state tuition. The campus is near state and national parks and numerous recreational opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree
- Two (2) years of collegiate soccer performance experience and/or one (1) year of successful soccer coaching experience
- Ability to work positively with administration, department staff, students and director of athletics in developing and maintaining a good working relationship with the institution and community
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Background check
- Valid driver's license required to transport student-athletes
To apply: Candidates should visit: http://hr.wvutech.edu/employment_opportunities
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.