Assistant Tennis Coach
Job ID: 4438 - FT - Unclassified (salaried)
To assist the head women’s tennis coach in the administration and operation of the women’s tennis program consistent with the policies of Miami University, the National Collegiate Athletic Association, and other appropriate governing bodies (i.e. Mid-American Conference).
This position specifically supports the mission of Graduating Champions and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
- Assist the head coach with office management
- Assist the head coach in recruiting high-level student-athletes (domestic and international)
- Assist the head coach in player development, scouting and coaching
- Assist the head coach in conducting the tennis program in accordance with all NCAA rules, including attendance at compliance meetings, appropriate record keeping for recruiting and playing/practice sessions using Jumpforward software, monitoring eligibility of student-athletes in the program, successfully completing the annual NCAA Certification test, and assisting in the education of student-athletes about NCAA rules and policies
- Participating in community events and outreach performing other duties as assigned (i.e. overseeing equipment inventory, etc.)
- Participate in fundraising, alumni, public relations and media events as requested or deemed appropriate in an effort to improve relations, increase fundraising, and maintain a positive image for Miami University and the program.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the suitable combination of education and experience
- Extensive knowledge and ability to competitively challenge elite players on a Division I team
- Work constructively and collaboratively with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Solid interpersonal skills
- An understanding of the rules and policies of the NCAA
OEEO Statement: The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.