ABA Supervisor & Clinical Instructor
This full-time, instructor position includes supervision of graduate students pursuing ABA Certification and teaching graduate level courses. Classes include content courses in the ABA graduate program and group supervision/ test preparation.
Supervision responsibilities and courses can be assigned across site locations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Maintain a supervision load of 10 students (210 hours) per semester, for individual and/ or group supervision:
- Direct observation of students in individual supervision settings;
- Individual meetings with students regarding supervision requirements and activities;
- Documentation of supervision outcomes;
- Attendance at supervisor meetings bi-monthly
- Assist with recruitment of new supervisors.
Teach 3 graduate level courses including Group Supervision in ABA
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, presentation materials, guided notes, reading lists, and assignments descriptions;
- Develop courses that align with BACB course requirements and best practice in the field of ABA;
- Maintain course and curriculum relevance through research related to courses taught;
- Define student learning outcomes;
- Establish fair grading criteria;
- Provide students with opportunities to share feedback on the class before end-of-semester evaluation;
- Use formative and summative evaluations to improve course design and delivery;
- Create a high level of opportunities for active student responding and active learning;
- Select appropriate textbooks and materials required for each course, with approval from Director of ABA Program;
- Maintain appropriate standards of behavior, mutual respect, and safety in the classroom;
- Communicate a positive attitude toward teaching and administrative responsibilities;
- Maintain scheduled office hours as articulated in the Faculty Handbook;
- Attend faculty, departmental, school meetings;
- Assist admissions office with student recruitment activities as requested;
- Maintain an active presence on the campus including attendance at all major institutional events (e.g. Commencement, Convocation) and student events;
- Provide assistance for grants or other fundraising efforts as requested;
- Stay current with best practices in teaching and learning effectiveness;
- Incorporate technology to enhance student learning;
- Actively assess student learning according to program and course learning outcomes;
- Respect students’ diversity and points of view;
- Participate in professional development and scholarly activities in the field of applied behavior analysis;
- Attend trainings as required;
- Perform any other job related functions as assigned by either the Director or Coordinator of Supervision if ABA Program;
- Attend open houses and orientations as needed;
- Understand and appreciate the University’s mission, purpose and goals and the role of faculty in achieving these goals.
- Master degree in ABA, Education, or Psychology; doctorate preferred. BCBA® required.
- Two years’ experience, minimally, supervising individuals seeking certification.
- Experience teaching in higher education preferred. Previous teaching experience preferably at the college level and commitment to online and blended learning formats.
- Five years’ experience, minimum, in a clinical setting providing behavior analytic services.
- Must carry certification in ABA (BCBA).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully pass the safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Submit to and pass criminal offender records check (C.O.R.I.) and sexual offender records check (SORI).
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and within FERPA and HIPPA regulations.
- Experience effectively engaging backgrounds, identities, and communities different from one’s own.
- General knowledge of the University’s mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Applicants for this position should submit a cover letter outlining salary requirements, resume, and contact information for four professional references. All applications should be sent electronically in MS Word format to email@example.com.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An equal opportunity employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.