Assistant or Associate Professor of Occupational Therapy -Master of Occupational Therapy Program
This is a full time faculty position in the Master of Occupational Therapy Program. The successful candidate will have a doctoral degree as well as a strong clinical OT background. Teaching responsibility will be assigned according to practice knowledge. The faculty member will teach a minimum of 12 credits each semester, will demonstrate the ability to creatively engage students in didactic and experiential learning opportunities, and collaborate with faculty members to implement, modify, and regularly review department curriculum. Faculty responsibility also includes student advising, participating in departmental meetings, committee assignment, and University functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teach a minimum of 12 credits each semester. Most courses will be at the graduate level though undergraduate courses might be required in areas depending upon candidate experience and departmental needs.
- Participate in departmental and institutional meetings, committees, and functions as necessary and appropriate.
- Advise students in academic, fieldwork, and professional issues.
- Participate in the admissions process, which may include Open Houses, communicating with prospective and/or accepted students, and interviewing students as requested.
- Work collaboratively with the OT Program Director and other faculty for program assessment and student learning outcomes.
- Participate in program and curriculum development.
- Work collaboratively with the Program Director and other faculty to ensure program meets accreditation standards.
- Engage in a process of formative and summative course evaluation to enhance the student learning experience.
- Engage in appropriate and relevant professional development.
- Maintain professional licensure in Massachusetts.
- Maintain an active presence on the campus including attendance at student events.
- Attend faculty and other University meetings (e.g. Faculty Assembly).
- Attend all major University events (e.g. Commencement, Convocation).
- Adhere to HIPAA and FERPA privacy standards.
- Attend trainings as required.
- An earned doctoral degree in a relevant field (Education EdD, Occupational Therapy OTD, or PhD)
- Evidence of scholarly work.
- Minimum of 5 years practicing in the field of Occupational.
- Initial credentialing through NBCOT; eligible for professional licensure in Massachusetts.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with faculty, students, staff, and administration.
- Ability to use the University’s resources, notably technology, to promote effective teaching and learning.
- Interest, initiative, and ability to work with the Program Director, department faculty, and administrators for program development, implementation, and outcomes assessment.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and FERPA privacy standards.
- An ability to be passionate about Bay Path University’s history, mission, and hallmark strengths.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Must successfully pass safe driving course within 30-days of employment.
- Submit to and pass criminal offender records check (C.O.R.I).
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and within FERPA and HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Experience effectively engaging backgrounds, identities, and communities different than one’s own.
- General knowledge of the University’s mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Applicants for this position should submit a cover letter outlining salary requirements, resume, and contact information for four professional references. All applications should be sent electronically in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An equal opportunity employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.