Test Proctor (Part-time)
Under the direction of the Coordinator of Disability Support Services and working with faculty in the Occupational Therapy, ABA, Genetic Counseling and Physician’s Assistant Programs, as a professional staff member, the Test Proctor oversees the organization and management of the testing rooms at the Ryan Health Science Center in East Longmeadow, MA. The Test Proctor is responsible for proctoring and administering standardized tests to groups and individuals while maintaining a quiet atmosphere for testing. The Test Proctor is responsible for following standard testing protocol as required by faculty or staff.
This is a part-time position, 4-8 hours per week (per selected weeks).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Proctors and administers standardized tests to groups and individuals.
- Maintains a quiet, secure atmosphere for testing.
- Maintains daily testing schedules, records, test files.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of all test materials, test logs, and other test documents.
- Understands and upholds test procedures; adheres to academic integrity policies and procedures.
- Returns testing materials to appropriate instructors or agencies as required.
- Works with faculty to have information/materials to proctor exams in a timely manner.
- Works with students who have need of special accommodations, including, but not limited to reading tests, scribing tests, or providing special testing climate.
- Works independently and responsibly in the absence of supervision.
- Reports all communication to center staff in a timely manner.
- Attends trainings as required.
- Knowledge of: standard office practices and procedure, and standardized testing tools.
- Ability to: maintain confidential and sensitive information; exhibit a pleasant public manner; work independently; exhibit attention to detail; maintain an organized working environment; apply ethical standards to work situations; make work decisions in accordance with BPU's values; show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, and promote an harassment-free environment; embrace and support constructive change.
- Bachelor’s degree required with an appropriate combination of training, course work and experience.
- Experience administering standardized tests.
- Ability to explicitly follow oral and written instructions.
- Able to detect nuances of improper conduct or misuse of test materials.
- Position may include some evening hours.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and in alignment with the Family Education Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Experience effectively engaging backgrounds, identities, and communities different from one’s own.
- General knowledge of the University’s mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Applicants for this position should submit a cover letter outlining salary requirements, resume, and contact information for four professional references. All applications should be sent electronically in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An equal opportunity employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Apply for Test Proctor (Part-time)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly