The University of Mary invites applications for a full-time, non-exempt Lead Custodian. The Lead Custodian will assure that day-to-day operations and events are carried out in a timely, efficient and effective manner. This position will provide guidance and help direct resources that are needed to make sure that assigned areas are maintained to the highest possible standards.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Assists with event setup/teardown
- Be the department liaison to building occupants
- Provides day to day leadership to building custodians
- Perform custodial duties as needed
- Perform general maintenance activities as needed, including use of hand and power tools
- Performs grounds activities including lawn mowing, edging, trash clean up, snow removal, etc.
- Inspect mechanical space and building support system regularly, make reports, and create work orders for maintenance or repair
- Complete work orders for campus community (students, staff, and faculty) and accurately describe labor and cost resources as well as a description of the resolution
- Assists with deliveries on campus and off campus
- Assists with mail room activities and operation
- Performs other related duties as requested and assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Valid Driver's license required
- Minimum of five years of related experience
- Working knowledge of inventory management, principles, and practices
- Working knowledge of custodian chemicals, methods, and project cleaning
- Working knowledge of basic equipment and tools used to perform work
- Awareness of proper safety measures needed for the work environment and working knowledge of safety equipment such as AED and fire extinguishers
- Strong working knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or statutes related to the use of cleaning agents, environmental/hazardous waste, waste management, and recycling policies and regulations
- Must have the ability to take and give clear concise written and verbal messages, have excellent human relation skills, have skill in the use of telephone, radio, and computer, and must present a professional image for the Physical Plant department
- Upholds and promotes the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the office of Financial Affairs, Physical Plant, and throughout the university in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
We welcome your interest in joining the University of Mary. To apply, email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com or mail to University of Mary, Attn: Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for Lead Custodian
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly