Career Development Specialist
Career Development Specialist
Student Services Coordinator II
Career Center - 161510
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm; Some weekends and evenings
The UNT Career Center is the centralized career office responsible for the career development and employment of all UNT students and alumni. It has responsibility for all Student Employment, Internships, and Post-Graduate Employment of UNT Students.
The Career Center at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Career Development Specialist to join their team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Interface with students at all degree levels and alumni in assigned academic/programmatic areas.
* Analyze student's career paths, initiate career assessments, and provide advice.
* Develop and conduct workshops, assess their effectiveness and implement changes needed to engage students.
* Develop ongoing relationship with faculty and administration in assigned areas.
* Work cooperatively with faculty and the Career Center Staff.
* Develop reports on the statistical data for all student engagement and programming for assigned area(s).
* Provide feedback and content to the Associate Director for the management of the Online Career Resource Library and other career resources.
* Provide assistance to other units in the Career Center and perform other duties as assigned for optimal operational success of the Career Center.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Master's Degree in related field and two years of student services, student affairs, counseling, advising, or related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Master's Degree in related field and two years of student services, student affairs, counseling or advising experience.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Knowledge of career development, resources and theories, job search techniques and technologies.
* Familiarity with career assessment tools.
Special Instructions to Applicants
**This position begins Sept. 1, 2017**
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting