12V Project Manager
The 12V Project Manager is responsible for the development of new products chosen to meet company strategic goals and commitments. Fundamental responsibilities include the coordination, directional control, implementation, and reporting of development tasks in accordance with Scosche's Go To Market (GTM) Program. The Project Manager works collaboratively with the PD Manager and stakeholders, and is ultimately responsible for the completion and delivery of new products on spec, on budget, and on time per Scosche's annual new product launch schedules.
- Identify new product opportunities to advance Scosche's competitive market advantage,
- Assess each new product opportunity and define product objectives and timelines,
- Present findings to leadership team for authorization to proceed.
Design & Development
- Formally kick-off each new project; Clearly communicate project requirements to each stakeholder and sponsor,
- Execute, manage, track, and report all development tasks from kick-off to receipt of product in warehouse,
- Resolve issues throughout the development sequence,
- Coordinate product testing to ensure compliance with desired specifications,
Commercialization & Production
- Execute and coordinate all steps required to commercialize each new project including creation of BOMs, UPCs, part numbers, golden samples, and other inspection criteria,
- Support external departments such as Marketing and Sales to ensure commercial success of each new product,
- Partner with Quality Assurance in providing technical support to field,
- Interact in an efficient and professional manner with all development partners - internally and externally,
- Travel internationally or domestically to ensure successful completion of each project,
- Oversee successful refinement and archival of all documentation upon project completion,
- Maintain awareness of industry and government regulations; Define product requirements to meet those regulations,
Maintain awareness of competitor products, launch schedules, and marketing strategies; Evaluate and report performance of competitive products.
- Familiarity with 12V electronics and markets; Passion for cars is a plus.
- Working knowledge of project management concepts, tools, and software,
- Ability to successfully manage large amounts of data and information,
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills,
- Ability to successfully operate in fast-paced, dynamic environment,
- Poise and presence, especially when collaborating with senior leadership,
- Ability to define and resolve potential issues with minimal supervision,
- Strong attention to detail.
- 4-7 years experience in a Project Manager role in a high volume, project intensive company with formal new product development processes and that emphasized the importance of PM disciplines,
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline is a plus
- PMP certificate or similar continuous education is also a plus,
- Proven track record of success in car audio or aftermarket electronics.
Celebrating its 37th year in business, SCOSCHE Industries, based in Oxnard, CA north of Los Angeles and south of Santa Barbara, is an award-winning innovator of consumer technology products and car audio installation hardware and accessories - committed to delivering quality, value and unmatched customer service. We are a passionate, nimble, dynamic and fast paced organization. We look to find and hire people who are ready to dive in, to tackle an array of challenges and turn them into opportunities, to not only learn but be true ambassadors of our company and products and to make substantive contributions to our growth using their professional skills and experience.
If you possess the appropriate background and hands-on experience as outlined above, we welcome your resume and if you desire, cover letter.
NO RELOCATION IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION.
An excellent benefits package is available including: medical, dental, life and 401k. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thu, 22 Jun 2017 12:16:15 PDT