Academic Center Manager - NOAA-CREST
Reporting to the Center Director of NOAA-CREST Center at The City College of New York, the Academic Center Manager will assist in the overall management of the CREST Program by providing relevant, timely support in recruitment, mentoring and retention of the students (HS, UG and graduate levels) in coordination with CREST Faculty members, staff, students, CCNY and CUNY administrators, the college community and other CREST University/Institutional Partners. The selected candidate will perform and assist as and when required in research, administrative and budget related work and respond to data, table and report requests from CREST Consortium and City College constituencies. In addition the selected candidate will also provide support and services to the CREST Scientists and Faculty members in writing grants, proposals, reports, and preparation of other informational and recruitment brochure and CREST newsletter.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with the Director and senior management to supervise and manage the day-to-day internal and external CREST administrative activities related to education and outreach.
- Assist the Director in writing CREST Public Relations and success stories for media and better visibility of the CREST program.
- .Assist CREST Director in program planning, implementation, evaluation, and assessment to reflect Center's performance analysis.
- Assist Center Director in writing and compiling the Performance Report (biannually) and Students Tracker Database (triennially) and timely submission to NOAA/federal agencies via Grants Online.
- Collaborate with and coordinate CREST Outreach programs vis--vis NOAA-CREST Day, Weather Camp, and CREST/CUNY STEM program; oversee Research Experience for Undergraduate (REU) summer events and CREST-SHIP (Summer High School Internship Program) and other HS related outreach activities such as NOSB (National Ocean Science Bowl), World Fair Festival - HS Science Enrichment Program.
- Deliver a schedule of events and manage the chronological documentation of events for CREST reports and newsletters.
- Collaborate with the CREST faculty and scientists in the creation of reports on CREST research data products and collaborate with the CREST IT team to assure the information is updated on the websites.
- Create and implement several forms to monitor curriculum development, such as Student Exit Survey Form to help improve, quantify and analyze the success rate of the Students training in NOAA and CREST related sciences.
- Create CREST recruitment materials, informational brochures, newsletters, blog and bi-annual reports that include all CREST partner institutions.
- Maintain the database management and data entry into the CREST Management Information System (MIS).
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
The candidate must have experience in report writing, proposal preparation, data analysis, accounting and budgeting, documents (newsletter) preparation, as well as basic web design and other related experience in higher education or elsewhere. Working knowledge of statistics, Microsoft EXCEL, Word, PowerPoint of related programs and the ability to perform the following required skills: handle large databases, and create informational reports in various formats (text, spreadsheets, CVS, HTML and RTF) from raw data.
The candidate must also possess excellent oral, written, and communication skills and be able to work effectively and diplomatically with a broad range of diverse individuals in a professional manner. He/She must possess multi-tasking skills and be able to perform diligently on critical deadlines.
Master's degree is strongly preferred. City College experience preferred.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages a College's specialized academic and/or research center operations under the direction of a senior administrator.
- Implements and monitors comprehensive curriculum development program; makes recommendations to improve Center policies and procedures
- Delivers a schedule of courses and workshops; analyzes programming outcomes
- Oversees Center's budget and daily administration
- Assists Director with developing funding and resource strategies
- Prepares reports for management; may write grant proposals
- May manage professional and/or clerical staff
- May act on behalf of Director in his/her absence
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Center Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
July 21, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: City College of New York
Job Title: Academic Center Manager - NOAA-CREST
Job ID: 16955
Full/Part Time: Full-Time