Admissions Coordinator (Multiple Positions)
Queensborough Community College, a member college of The City University of New York (CUNY), is located on a 37-acre campus in Bayside, Queens, New York. Queensborough enrolls close to 16,000 students in rich liberal arts and science curricula as well as in career and pre-professional courses. The College is recognized as a national leader in establishing an institution-wide, student-centered learning environment through its Queensborough Academies which foster a culture of academic excellence while nurturing students as individuals in a supportive atmosphere.
One of the College's greatest strengths, and a necessary element of excellence, is the diversity of our community. We are committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action, and strive to attract and nurture a talented and diverse faculty and staff that proudly reflect the unique character of the local Queens community, the most diverse county in the United States.
Queensborough Community College is seeking full-time Admissions Coordinators. Reporting directly to the Director of Admissions, the Admissions Coordinators will participate in the development and implementation of enrollment strategies.
In addition to the duties in the CUNY Title Overview, responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assists with planning activities to ensure an optimal student experience in accordance with established expectations
- Develops and fosters relationships with students and parents through on-campus recruiting activities and events.
- Accepts walk-in and scheduled admissions appointments with new students to facilitate their enrollment at the college.
- Discusses academic programs with prospective students.
- Builds and sustains relationships with high school guidance counselors in an assigned territory
- Maintains general knowledge of college activities, programs and requirements.
- Represents the college by delivering presentations to groups of prospective students regarding the educational opportunities available at QCC.
- Leads campus tours for prospective students and their families.
- Assists with direct mail, telephone and email follow-up with student prospects and applicants.
- Attends college meetings and serves on college committees to stay updated on issues relating to admissions.
- Assists with special events.
Must be willing to travel locally six to eight weeks per year, concentrated in the fall and spring, with weekend and weekday evening work, especially during fall recruitment travel season
Bachelor's Degree required.
- The successful candidates will be dynamic and enthusiastic professionals who can work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills with ability to make presentations and lead small group discussions
- An understanding of and appreciation for the College's mission and commitment to diversity
- Prior experience in higher education or in admissions
- Computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word), and aptitude to learn new systems as needed
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft
- Valid driver license preferred
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Coordinates efforts of admissions and/or enrollment offices.
- Coordinates workshops, intake screenings, interviews and orientations for new students
- Counsels prospective applicants on requirements and standards and provides general information on programs and services in person or by telephone, e-mail or letter; conducts follow up as needed
- Assists in conducting open house sessions and orientations, including group sessions and programs at high schools and in the community at large
- Assists with day-to-day administration and an admissions or enrollment office, including scheduling and preparing and distributing materials
- Represents the Admission Office to the college's internal and external communities as directed
- Maintains and updates program databases, lists and files to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Admissions Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must provide a resume and cover letter.
July 21, 2017. Review of resumes to begin July 5, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Queensborough CC
Job Title: Admissions Coordinator (Multiple Positions)
Job ID: 16932
Full/Part Time: Full-Time