General Statement of Job
To maintain, configure, support, and administer Austin Community College (ACC) voice/video/data network systems and equipment; provide professional-level network support functions, and customer assistance services for complex issues.
Location Service Center Hours 40 hours/week as assigned. Must be available for weekend and after hours work as necessary. Salary Professional 4/124 ($51,137.00 - $73,053.00) FLSA Status Exempt Reports To Director, Network Services Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- WAN's and LAN's technologies and protocols.
- Networked systems access and security guidelines and procedures.
- Network performance tuning and troubleshooting techniques.
- Current trends and information sources for managing network systems.
- Project planning and management principles.
- System and disaster backup and recovery procedures and techniques.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Accountable for inventory/property management.
- Installing, maintaining, modifying, and upgrading network software and hardware.
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Assessing network support needs and developing and promoting effective solutions.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills, including attention to detail and follow-through.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
Required Work Experience
- Two years related work experience.
- Associate degree. Four years of related work experience may substitute for the degree. Experience used here cannot be used again to meet the experience requirement or for placement purposes. Please note that the college reserves the right to amend these terms of substitution at any time.
- Valid Texas Driver's License and reliable transportation for local Austin area travel.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 50 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.