Academic Coordinator: Mellon 5+2, Co-Director of Pedagogy Training
Open June 21st, 2017 through July 21st, 2017
The Co-Director of Pedagogy Training for the Mellon-funded 5+2 project will assist the Faculty Director of the Humanities Commons in providing meaningful, research-based pedagogical training for 2nd and 3rd year PhD students in the 5+2 program. The co-director will help design, coordinate, and direct the one-week Teaching Institute for incoming 2nd year students. The co-director will conduct classroom observations followed by individual consultations during the academic year for every member of both the 2nd year and the 3rd year cohorts. The co-director will also work with the 3rd year cohort by organizing and implementing three pedagogical events (one each quarter). The co-director will assess the progress of the 5+2 students while providing direct, detailed feedback about classroom teaching performance.
This is a 12% position with approximately 5 hours a week.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
0-2 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now