Director, Operations, Onsite Programs
The Operations Director is responsible for managing Verizon Wireline student enrollment and continuation through the effective implementation of new student recruitment, registration, retention and other relevant student service processes. The Operations Director is responsible for managing student processes with all divisions of Verizon Wireline; including consumer, tech, service fulfillment, and live source groups. The Operations Director is responsible for maintaining and building partnerships with leadership at various Verizon Wireline centers. The Operations Director is responsible for conducting meetings that would include University Development presentations and quarterly program reviews for the Verizon Wireline leadership. This position requires extensive overnight travel.
- Establish and cultivate strong working relationships with key contacts at Verizon Wireline. Function as the single point of contact responsible for information flow and client management.
- Develop and deliver client presentations and program reviews for the Verizon Wireline management team(s).
- Oversee Verizon Wireline outreach events, new hire presentations, and other university development activities.
- Establish relationships with prospective students and guide prospective students through the admissions process at Verizon Wireline.
- Review corporate reports pertaining to Verizon Wireline students daily.
- Responsible for ensuring that the admissions process is operating to best support the student and client. Recommend and implement process improvements and service enhancements.
- Partner with Verizon Wireline student support team to finalize enrollment process. Foster an environment of cooperation and teamwork among field staff and all support departments.
- Adhere to all University policies and procedures and federal, state, and accrediting agency rules with respect to recruitment.
- Additional responsibilities as assign by Regional Director of Verizon Wireline.
- From a regionally accredited institution; Bachelor's degree in communications, business or related field required. Master's degree preferred required
- 2-5 years sales experience including the ability to achieve in a fast-paced, service-driven environment.
- Demonstrated leadership potential and ability to train and mentor team members.
- Must be able to make strategic business decisions.
- Must possess strong leadership, coaching, and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to think independently and take initiative to proactively solve problems.
- Must be detail-oriented and have a focus on achieving optimum levels of service, while maintaining high ethical standards and attention to compliance with University policies and regulations.
- Must possess the initiative and determine necessary to provide valuable and timely services to prospective and newly enrolling students.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Outlook and previous experience with a CRM is preferred.
- Exceptional phone, email, written and oral communication, customer service and organizational skills
- Mastery of client relationships and implementing services.
- Exceptional polish and presence to deal with clients at an executive level.
- Must have exceptional presentation skills, and the ability to quickly alter approach based on client response.
- Must be able to travel 80% of time.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.
- The work location is Verizon Wireline centers.
- Travel via plane, car, and metro may be required to perform this job.
- Access information using a computer.
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain.
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity.
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
We€™re honored and proud to announce that Strayer University has been recognized as a 2017 Top Workplace by the Washington Post.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.