Project Engineer (Food Process Design/Build)
The Project Engineer position provides mechanical, electrical, automation, and / or industrial engineering support to our customers and engineering team members. The Project Engineer will work closely with project managers, process engineers, and mechanical designers to execute projects, start to finish.
Primary duties will consist of engineering and design work, such as:
- Develop project documentation such as P&I/Ds, equipment specifications, equipment layout, piping layout, and general arrangement drawings and designs
- Design piping (process and utility) and pipe support systems
- Design modular equipment skids and support systems
- Interact with customers, field crew, subcontractors, and other outside parties
- Evaluate existing equipment and conditions for improvement or reuse opportunities
- Provide cost analysis of design and installation options
- Select materials and components needed for projects, solicit bids, and organize for ordering
- Perform system commissioning, troubleshooting, repair, and tuning activities, including "hands on" service
This position is full time with benefits available after a successfully completed probationary period. This will be primarily an office position with standard first shift working hours. Travel to jobsites, overtime / weekend work, and field investigation is expected to meet the needs of our customers. This position will be located in our Lodi, CA office.
1) 2 years' minimum experience as a mechanical engineer working in industrial process, utility, manufacturing, construction, or similar
2) Mechanical Engineering, Construction Engineering, or similar Bachelor's degree is preferred. Comparable experience in a technical role can be considered
3) Commanding knowledge of mechanical / industrial engineering - piping and utility systems. food process and sanitary system experience highly preferred
4) Commanding knowledge and experience with AutoCAD v2010 or higher, with proven excellence in 2D and 3D solid modeling geometry for the mechanical and industrial disciplines
5) Experience with AutoCAD Plant Design Suite (AutoCAD P&I/D and AutoCAD Plant 3D) is a plus
6) Excellent mathematical, communication, organization, multi-tasking, self-motivation, attention to detail, and discipline skills
7) Microsoft Office v2010 or higher suite experience is required
8) California valid driver's license and active personal insurance policy for driving duties
Wright Process Systems is an Industrial Engineering, Installation, Sales, Service, and General Construction firm in the Food Process Industry, serving California and the Western US. Wright Process is a family owned, multi-discipline "turn-key" firm specializing in the Food, Dairy, Beverage, Alcoholic Beverage, and related process markets. Our goal is to continuously assist our customers with the highest possible level of technical innovation and dedicated service, driving improvement throughout their entire process.
Thu, 22 Jun 2017 09:22:59 PDT