University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Academic Services Professional (Intermediate Level)
College of Architecture and Planning
Position #641682 - Requisition 09315
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The College of Architecture and Planning has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Admissions Coordinator position.
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.
Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial, and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.
This position will manage admissions and recruitment strategies for the College of Architecture and Planning (CAP) graduate and undergraduate programs. This will include interpretation and implementation of admissions policies and processes, guiding programs through timely and accurate admissions decisions, and serving as the point of contact for prospective and incoming undergraduate and graduate students.Other activities include managing the University and College systems related to application processing and review, providing admissions related support and information to prospective students and oversight of recruitment events. This position works closely with the Assistant Dean of Student Services to manage the graduate application process, monitor applications, and provide accurate and timely reporting to department chairs, program directors, and CAP administration on admissions and enrollment goals.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- A bachelor's degree in education, psychology, business, public administration, social science, liberal arts, communications, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- 1 year of professional-level experience in an administrative role providing support services and coordination.
- Three or more years of professional-level experience in an administrative role providing support services and coordination.
- Two years of experience in higher education, preferably in an advising/counseling, scholarship administration or admissions role.
- Experience using admissions information systems, such as Slate or other applications.
- Experience querying database systems, creating reports from data and providing analysis.
- Experience using Adobe Acrobat professional, and Excel (particularly sorting data).
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to develop trainings or presentations for diverse populations.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Proven ability to evaluate policies and regulations and exercise good judgement in interpretation and application. Ability to analyze different situations and challenges and resolve problems.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize work, attend to detail and meet deadlines. Successful experience working with multiple demands.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to John Semple at John.Semple@ucdenver.edu
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by November 15, 2017. Those who do not apply by November 15th may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30116 - CAP-Admin & Instruction Svcs
Posting Date: Oct 19, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: John Semple
Posting Contact Email: John.email@example.com
Position Number: 00641682