Director, Sleep Program
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Director, Sleep Program
Nature of Work:
The Center for Lungs and Breathing at the University of Colorado Department of Medicine, in conjunction with University of Colorado Hospital are seeking a board certified Sleep Medicine physician for a full time position as Director of the Sleep Program. The position will include a faculty appointment in the CU School of Medicine, located in Aurora, Colorado.
The appropriate candidate must possess an MD or DO degree, and be board certified in Sleep Medicine The candidate should have significant experience in program development with expertise in in clinical care, teaching and clinical investigation with a comprehensive knowledge in the practice of sleep medicine. Candidates should have demonstrated previous leadership experience. Along with clinical care of patients with sleep disorders and sleep study interpretation, responsibilities will include organization and development of a multidisciplinary and comprehensive sleep program.
The Department of Medicine seeks a board certified Sleep Medicine physician to become the Director of Sleep Medicine within a newly formed Center for Lungs and Breathing located in Aurora, Colorado on the Anschutz Medical Campus. The Center represents a collaborative effort with the University of Colorado School of Medicine, the University of Colorado Hospital, and the University of Colorado Health system.
The candidate will report to Dr. Todd Bull, Director of the Center for Lungs and Breathing.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Direct the OP Sleep Lab
- Direct the Section of Sleep Medicine within a newly formed Center for Lungs and Breathing
- Establish and support collaborative relationships and programs with physicians in multiple specialties including pulmonary, otolaryngology, general medicine, and thoracic surgery
- Build clinical programs of excellence on a local, regional, and national scale
- Foster relationships with community/referring physicians
- Achieve excellence in clinical care, teaching, and education
- Develop strong programs in clinical and/or translational research
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Accomplishment in basic, clinical, health services, translational or educational research
- Candidate must have an M.D. degree and be board certified.
- The ideal candidate will have an MD, MD/PhD, DO, or equivalent terminal degree
- The successful candidate must have a demonstrated record of excellence and achievement in leadership and collaborative program development in sleep medicine. A commitment to building outstanding programs in patient care, translational research, education and community outreach is essential.
- Excellent communication skills to interface with learners, faculty, healthcare teams, administrators, community organizations and donors
- At least 5 years post doctorate level experience in related fields
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 08560
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20219 - SOM-MED-Pulmonary Disease
Posting Date: Feb 22, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Leigh Kerwin
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00731922