Academic and Career Counselor, School of Business
The School of Business at Stevens Institute of Technology invites applications for a position of Academic and Career Counselor within the School of Business Student and Faculty Support Center with an expected start date of August 2017. The position is available immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Job Responsibilities: The successful candidate will support the graduate student population, faculty and administration of the School of Business, which includes Masters and PhD programs, as well as Graduate Certificates and Executive Education offerings. The candidate will enhance the services of the Student and Faculty Support Center throughout the student life cycle. This includes following up on inquiries by prospective students and employers, attending open house events, advising students on matters relating to admission, course registration, graduation, and placement, supporting course planning and scheduling, and providing data analytics support.
Qualifications: Candidates must hold a Bachelor's Degree (a Master's Degree is a plus), and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, reporting and organization skills, time management skills, and a student service mindset. The successful candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in academic advising at the masters and PhD level, will have supported international and corporate students, and will have supervised student workers. Experience in using Salesforce.com is a plus.
The Student and Faculty Service Center is open 9-5, Monday through Friday. On occasion, open house events are held in the evenings or on Saturday mornings.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Academic advising of students in School of Business graduate programs, help with questions such as schedule planning, course enrollment, study plans, and maintenance of program completion requirements.
- Working with the Offices of the Registrar, Graduate Admissions, Graduate Academics, Graduate Student Affairs, Catering, for student issues.
- Collaborating with the International Student and Scholar Services office to assist international students with visa compliance questions.
- Working closely with the Program Directors for course scheduling, teaching assignments, events.
- Responding to prospective and current student inquiries via Salesforce.com, and collaborating with Program Directors on trends and issues related to individual programs.
- Providing career advice to students seeking internships and permanent employment.
- Fielding inquiries from firms seeking to employ graduate students for internships and permanent employment.
- Maintaining contact with employers/hiring managers and collecting internship and placement information and trends.
- Maintaining contact with graduating students and alumni and collecting placement and employment statistics
About the School: Stevens Institute of Technology is a private institution located in Hoboken, NJ, directly across the Hudson River from New York City. Hoboken is a vibrant, walkable community in close proximity of Manhattan and has been ranked among the 12 best college towns in the country by Princeton Review. The School of Business has a special focus on technology and innovation and encourages interdisciplinary research. The school offers two PhDs, two MBAs, nine Masters degrees, and undergraduate degrees in Business as well as Quantitative Finance. Stevens Institute of Technology works closely with local and global industries as well as government organizations on various research projects. Please visit our webpage for further details: http://www.stevens.edu/business.
How to Apply: Candidates are invited apply at via the Stevens Institute of Technology website at https://www.stevens.edu/directory/division-human-resources/employment-opportunities.
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police