Student Accounts Representative
Posting Number C844P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/21114
Working Title Student Accounts Representative
Position Number 12911
Department Associate Vice Chancellor/Finance
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,100 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
Department Home Page
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
The Student Accounts Representative is responsible for administration of student organization process, for reviewing emergency loan requests, and processing loan paperwork and posting emergency loan to UAConnect for check printing.
This position will:
• Provide administrative support
• Provide responses to students, parents, and other University offices regarding inquiries about billing statements, financial aid, student loans, and/or other information requested that is related to UAConnect
• Process university invoices daily and provide data entry, filing, and mailing support
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma
- At least one year of bookkeeping, billing, or related experience
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? No
If yes, please specify
- At least one year of experience with the University of Arkansas BASIS
- Experience with the University of Arkansas student version and non-student version of UAConnect
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge basic accounting principles
- Knowledge of filing and recordkeeping procedures
- Knowledge of computers and software application programs
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Knowledge of customer service techniques
- Employee needs to be able to communicate using clear communication skills which could include but not be limited to the following methods: personal face-to-face contact; using e-mail or other written correspondence; and through telephone contact
- Ability to record fiscal information and manipulate data to generate reports and documents
- Ability to interpret department policies and procedures
Physical activities associated with this position
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance 479-575-4019.
- Repetitive motion
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
Physical Conditions None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Overtime Eligible Yes
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. No
Work Location/Building Fayetteville Campus - Arkansas Union
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Pay Grade Level C108
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? No
Does this position require a background check? Yes
If yes, please specify
- Criminal background check
- Sex offender registry check
- Financial history background check
Does this position require a substance abuse test? No
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, sex offender registry check, and financial history background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date
Close Date 07/20/2017
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments)
Recruitment Contact Information
University of Arkansas Human Resources
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Special Instructions Summary
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
City, St. Fayetteville, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have the formal education of a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have at least one year of bookkeeping, billing, or related experience?
- * How many years of experience do you have with the University of Arkansas BASIS system (other than Time Clock)?
- No experience
- Less than one year
- At least one year, but less than two
- At least two years, but less than three
- Three years or more
- * How many years of experience do you have with the non-student version of the University of Arkansas UAConnect system?
- No experience
- Less than one year
- At least one year but less than three years
- At least three years but less than five years
- Five years or more
- * What is your level of experience with Microsoft Excel?
- * What is your level of experience with Microsoft Word?
- No experience
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- List of three Professional References (name, title, email address and contact number)
- Proof of Veterans Status