Salary: $67,300 - $99,900
Title: Electrical Engineer
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Electrical & Computer Eng
Date Posted: 06/22/2017
Position Information: Engineering - Research and Development Engr, ensurse labs and equip, both instructional & research, are fully functional & in safe condition, by providing a full range of engineering services. Provides practical guidance to students on electrical & computer engr projects in preparation for baccalaureate & advanced degrees in electrical engineering and/or computer engineering. Jobsite at U.C. Riverside. Apply online at: http://jobs.ucr.edu/
Minimum Requirements: Ability to work in a collaborative manner; identify challenges and barriers and recommend resolutions.
Demonstrated organizational and decision-making abilities to prioritize competing work assignments in order to meet deadlines and adherence to quality standards.
Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Experience in designing code in C/C++ and program various embedded microcontrollers including Free Scale 68HC12, Atmel AVR using Atmel AVR Studio, Code Warrior Development Studio.
Experience and ability with operation of PCB prototyping milling machine (LPKF ProtoMat S62).
Experience in designing PCB boards using various software application programs including Design Spark PCB, Altium Designer, Eagle.
Experience in working with various simulation software application programs including L Tspice, MATLAB/Simulink, CADENCE SP 16.2, ADS.
Experience with programmable FPGA devices form Xilinx (Spartan 3E) using hardware description languages VHDL and Verilog.
Demonstrated experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting and maintaining electronic circuits and instruments, machines and equipment used in instructional labs, instructional cleanroom and research labs.
Demonstrated experience in the use of standard electronic testbed instruments.
Demonstrated experience in the use of analog, modular, digital data acquisition systems.
Demonstrated experience utilizing electrical engineering and mathematics principles, and correct calculation procedures to solve engineering design technical problems.
Demonstrated ability to communicate in written and oral English to express technical concepts to layperson.
Preferred Qualifications: Thorough knowledge and experience with engineering principles and methods to independently perform the full range of engineering professional design work.
Thorough knowledge necessary to apply principles, practices and procedures in the completion of assignments.
Strong analytical and judgment skills to independently conduct analyses and develop appropriate recommendations.
Ability to lead and influence others.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview