Program Manager, Student Relations & Student Recruitment
8AM - 5PM
$44,200 - $67,500
In consultation with the Director of Philanthropy & Alumni Engagement, the Program Manager of Student Relations is responsible for developing and directing a comprehensive program designed to increase student awareness and appreciation of maintaining a lifelong engagement with the university to advance University Advancement objectives in support of UCR. Cover letter required.
Written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including tact and political acumen to effectively represent the institution.
Basic knowledge of the institution, its mission, vision, goals, achievements, policies, and infrastructure.
Applicable computer skills.
For staff in Government/Community Relations: basic knowledge of public policy and the legislative process.
Knowledge of basic concepts and principles of building and maintaining effective relations with a variety of alumni and other key constituencies.
Analytical and critical thinking skills.
Organizational skills including skill to meet prescribed deadlines; event planning skills.
Demonstrated experience in successfully coordinating and executing the logistics of programs, special events, meetings and receptions.
Proven skill to maintain strict confidentiality and work effectively under pressure.
Multicultural competencies, knowledge and experience working and interacting effectively with diverse groups of staff, faculty, and student populations.
Knowledge of and experience with Raisers' Edge database
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview