8AM - 5PM
Commensurate with Experience
Reporting to the College of Natural & Agricultural Sciences (CNAS), the position serves a strategic role in identifying and securing extramural funding that supports the research, instruction and public service missions of the College. The position serves the faculty and deans, with the responsibility to identify extramural funding opportunities and coordinate College proposal and pre-award processes. This position will have a strong focus on acquiring large multi-investigator and multidisciplinary awards. Responsibilities will include writing portions of these large complex proposals and editing them to unify and enhance the contributions of disparate writers, as well as supporting faculty in identifying these large funding opportunities. The role reports directly to the Dean with responsibility to provide planning & advisory service to the Dean and senior College leadership in the areas of extramural funding strategies and trends. Finally, the position will also support junior faculty to assist them in proposal organization and editing. Salary to commensurate based on experience.
Thorough knowledge of applicable compliance requirements related to use of human or animal subjects in research, financial conflict of interest, biosafety, etc.
Maintains current knowledge of compliance regulations in all areas of research administration.
Demonstrated experience in writing and/or preparing technical white papers, contract/grant writing, and scientific papers.
Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Excellent collaboration skills.
Skill in developing & presenting oral & written presentations using various media formats, including Microsoft PowerPoint.
Thorough understanding of research administration guidelines of Federal and non-Federal sponsors supporting research and educational activities, preferably in a university environment.
Act as a resource and provide research horsepower for the exploration of new ideas.
Independent judgment and strong organization and communication skills and customer service focus across broad and diverse subject areas.
Demonstrated knowledge of operations within higher-education and an understanding of complex scientific & technical issues.
Ability to perform complex financial analysis and customized reporting.
Demonstrated competence in the use of spreadsheet and database software in financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting, fiscal and reporting principles.
Ability to manage significant volume of transactions.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview