IT Procurement Analyst
Salary: $66,800 - $79,800
Title: IT Procurement Analyst
Category: Management and Professional
Department: C&C Associate Vice Chancellor
Date Posted: 06/22/2017
Position Information: Reporting to the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer, the Information Technology (IT) Procurement Analyst will be responsible for managing the entire purchasing process for Information Technology Solutions (ITS), formerly called Computing & Communications, software/hardware maintenance contracts as well as major software and hardware purchases. This includes negotiating with vendors to secure better pricing, requesting quotes, working with ITS staff on whether maintenance contracts are still needed or not, entering the information into UCR's purchasing system in order to prepare a Purchase Order or utilizing the campus procurement card or ePay (if appropriate), following up to make sure UCR's Purchasing department issues the PO and authorizing invoices to be paid when received. In addition, the incumbent will update ITS financial statements with actual costs and projections and maintain the comprehensive historical listing of all hardware/software maintenance contracts for budgeting purposes. This position will become an expert on UCR's purchasing policies and the IT contracts available through UCR's systemwide agreements. As necessary, assist ITS staff with sole source justifications and developing specifications for Request for Proposals (RFPs). The incumbent will enable customer (the ITS organization) success by developing proactive engagements with relevant ITS staff as necessary.
Minimum Requirements: Ability to read and interpret terms and conditions of contracts.
Strong level of proficiency in the use of standard spreadsheet and word processing software.
Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
Analytical skills necessary to evaluate the quality and cost effectiveness of multiple and complex purchasing options.
Excellent negotiation, persuasion, and conflict management skills.
Excellent organizational skills
Preferred Qualifications: Strong skills in the use of ERP/financial systems (such as Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, Banner, etc.).
Knowledge of organization's departments and operations.
Demonstrated experience with UCR Purchasing System (eBuy), ePay, and ProCard.
Demonstrated knowledge of UCR's Purchasing policies and procedures.
Demonstrated knowledge of UCOP's system wide IT contracts.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview