Student Health Center Clinical Nurse 3
Salary: $77,964 - $104,904
Title: Student Health Center Clinical Nurse 3
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Student Health Services
Date Posted: 06/22/2017
Position Information: The Student Health Center Clinical Nurse 3 assists health care providers in the safe delivery of health/medical records. The Student Health Center Clinical Nurse 3 provides patient education by modifying or removing health related barriers to learning, promoting optimal wellness. They enable individuals to make informed decisions about health related concerns and empowering students to be self directed and well informed consumers of health care services. The Student Health Center Clinical Nurse 3 provides emergent/urgent care necessary to meet the needs of the U.C. patient.
Minimum Requirements: Possession of the legal requirements to practice as a Registered Nurse as determined by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
A Diploma or Associate degree with two years of clinical experience; or a Baccalaureate degree in Nursing with one year of clinical experience; a Master's degree in Nursing with six months of clinical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience; and knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position.
Skills and knowledge according to the standards of practice in the local medical community and in accordance with the laws of the State of California, as contained in the Nurse Practice Act of the Board of Registered Nursing of the State of California.
Experience working in ambulatory care, primary care, urgent care or emergency care.
Ability to relate well with student and staff as a provider of health information.
Ability to work independently as needed.
Knowledge and experience in working with a various diverse cultures, backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identities, religious and life-style choices, etc.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous experience in college health clinic.
Previous experience in travel medicine.
Strong background in women's health.
International Safe Transit Association Certification.
Current knowledge of health hazards in different areas of travel and the appropriate precautions indicated.
Current knowledge of immunizations and their importance in various travel and domestic situations, their contraindications, side effects, dose schedules, etc.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview