Adjunct Instructor in Criminal Justice
Requisition Number FAC - 201000000223
Job Title Adjunct Instructor in Criminal Justice
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for an adjunct faculty instructor to teach criminal justice. UNT Dallas - the first public institution of higher education in the city - offers faculty the unique opportunity to help shape the character of a 21st century, learner-focused, urban comprehensive university. An adjunct instructor may be responsible for teaching up to three courses in criminal justice. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about teaching and student success.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
• A Master's degree in criminal justice with at least 18 graduate credit hours in criminal justice is required.
• Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience teaching college level criminal justice.
• Ability to teach Criminology, Ethics and Social Science Research Methods.
• Academic experience working on a campus with culturally diverse students, staff and faculty.
• Ph.D. in criminal justice or a closely related discipline.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work requires some muscular exertion and/or physical strain such as standing for long periods of time, recurring bending, or recurring lifting of items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
As required to meet academic schedule.
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Start Date 09/01/2017
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a CV, a letter of application that outlines the applicant's interest, qualifications and experience for the position, and unofficial graduate transcripts to http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/. For additional information visit http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com or contact Mr. Aaron Bartula at email@example.com or by calling 972-780-3629.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PhD (or terminal degree for your discipline)
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Undergraduate Transcript
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)