3/4 Teacher Ed Recruiter & PT Instructor
The College of Education at Rowan University is seeking a ¾ time instructor to serve as the Teacher Education Recruiter. The focus of the position is to serve as the liaison between the College of Education, P12 Schools, and the University Admissions Office. Responsibilities also include teaching in the Department of Interdisciplinary and Inclusive Education. This is an annual contract offered based upon funding availability.
· Eighteen (18) credit hours of coursework and/or clinical practice supervision per academic year
· Teacher Education Recruiter for the College of Education.
o Recruit students across the state of NJ, but primarily in South Jersey and nearby urban areas to the College of Education teacher education programs.
o Contact and meet high school counselors and teachers to explain benefits of the College of Education programs.
o Participate in classroom visitations and other special events in P12 schools to increase awareness of College of Education programs to potential students.
o Effectively manage the recruitment of prospective students from inquiry stage through matriculation.
o Provide information regarding admissions requirements and program benefits to prospective students and parents via phone, mail and personal visits; follows up with mail or phone call, as appropriate.
o Develop and maintain relationships with applicants including follow up with questions.
o Facilitate in the development of pipeline programs focused on teaching, such as Teacher Academies and Rowan Urban Teacher Academy.
o Collaborate with the office of Admissions on projects related to student outreach and for underserved populations.
o Plan and implement monthly, multi-district information sessions.
o Demonstrated commitment to fostering academic achievement, social and person responsibility, and social justice.
o Work with the Executive Director of Educator Support and Partnerships to develop, implement, evaluate, and continually refine a strategy for strengthening Rowan University College of Education commitment to diversifying the teacher workforce.
· Other duties as assigned
· Earned master’s or doctoral degree in teacher education
· Minimum of three years of successful teaching experience in a P-12 setting
· Ability to demonstrate currency and fluency in literature, research, and emerging best practices in teacher education
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Ability and willingness to collaborate across multiple entities with various stakeholders (e.g. prospective students, parents, school counselors and administrators, university admission representatives, university administrators)
· Demonstrated commitment to inclusion, social justice, and equity in teacher education which results in culturally responsive and differentiated instruction
· A teaching and learning philosophy consistent with the mission of the College of Education
Starting Date: September 1, 2017Contact: Questions regarding this position can be directed to the chair of this search: Dr. Stacey Leftwich at Leftwich@rowan.edu.
The application must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system: http://rowanuniversity.hodesiq.com/job-details.aspx?jobid=5470848
All applications should include: a letter of application, teaching philosophy and interests, curriculum vitae, graduate transcripts, and contact information for three professional references.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.