Assistant Football Coach - Defense
Assistant Football Coach - Defense
Posting Number: S0370
Status: Awaiting Approval
Classification: Administrative/Professional Anticipated Length of Appointment: ongoing
Special area(s) of assignment (teaching/research/administration):
Willamette University invites applications for an exempt position of Assistant Football Coach - Defense.
This is an exciting time at Willamette and we welcome you to join our team as we strive to provide students with an intercollegiate athletics experience that develops life skills by cultivating moral, physical, intellectual and emotional growth. In support of the mission and goals of Willamette University, our program strives to enhance the overall learning environment for scholar-athletes. GO Bearcats!
To learn more about the Athletics Department, staff, faculty and student please visit http://www.wubearcats.com
Work involves routine situations as the Assistant Coach performs a variety of duties and responsibilities in the University's athletic efforts. Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to exchange information with others both inside and outside the University and may have an impact upon the University' reputation. May require exposure to adverse environmental conditions such as noise, extreme temperatures, inclement weather, and other adversities as the incumbent performs duties and responsibilities in both an indoor and outdoor setting. Will require travel due to varied locations of athletic events.
The Assistant Coach will work 30 hours a week, year round and will have a .75FTE. This position is eligible for the University's generous benefits package that includes: medical/dental insurance, prorated sick and vacation accruals, contribution of 10% of gross base pay from the University in exchange for a mandatory contribution of 1% by the employee, tuition remission, and holidays.
Salary is commensurate with experience and education.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Football Coach include, but are not limited to, the following functions, which are not listed in any particular order of importance or significance:
- Instruct, teach and coach student athletes during practices and competition
- Conduct video analysis of games and practice that will be used for teaching and preparation
- Direct practice and game preparation for a specific position
- Prepare scouting reports for a specific position for game preparation
- Work with staff members on game plan
- Responsible for game day communication for position group to the other members of the coaching staff
- Identify and recruit potential team members all year
- Retain current team members all year
- Recruitment travel is required
- Responsible use of Social Media as a recruitment tool
- Coordinate other assigned administrative tasks such as video, team travel, equipment, fund raising as assigned by head coach
- Assist with the operation of the athletics department on an as needed basis for tasks such as game management.
Additional duties as assigned.
Additional Information/About the Department:
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Experience with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Hudl and Frontrush or ARMS.
• Written and verbal communication skills.
• Superior time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of and adherence to University policies, particularly as they apply to student safety and hazing.
• Must be able to successfully articulate the values of a liberal arts education and the role intercollegiate athletics plays in the development of student athletes.
• Ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of people in a manner that positively portrays the University and its programs, personnel, and philosophies.
• Ability to effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing, including the ability to communicate instructions pertaining to athletic matters in both a classroom and an athletic coaching setting.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Thorough knowledge of and adherence to all applicable NCAA Div. III and Conference rules as they apply to the activities and programs within the incumbent’s designated sport.
• Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain working relationships with other staff, faculty, and students.
• Must possess a current driver’s license valid in the state of Oregon and a driving record insurable by the University’s insurer.
• Successful clearance of a criminal conviction record check.
Thank you for considering an administrative position within Willamette University (WU). Please note that you will need to create an account in order to apply, if this is your first time applying online with WU.
You need to submit the following materials as part of your online application:
• A cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve emphasis
• Current resume
Please do not leave sections of the online application blank.
Open until finalists are selected. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Open Date: 06/20/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Apply online at https://jobs.willamette.edu/postings/2385
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.