Director of Student Activities and Leadership
The Director is responsible for implementing the vision of an inclusive and engaging student community commons through programming and innovative student leadership development. The Director manages professional staff serving Fraternity and Sorority Life, student organizations, student government, and programming & activities for both graduate and undergraduate students. The Director is responsible for oversight of the Driscoll Student Center as a programming tool within the division and its overall management. All programs and initiatives led by the Director must demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and a demonstrated commitment to cross departmental and divisional collaboration. The Director reports directly to the Executive Director of Student Engagement.
- Leadership, Vision, and Strategic Directions
- Student Leadership Development
- Inclusive Community Wide Programming
- Programming Operations Management
- Master's Degree in Higher Education.
- 3+ years of experience in supervising full-time professional staff while in a full-time profession role.
- 3+ years, post bachelor's degree, full-time professional experience within student affairs/multicultural student affairs in a post-secondary institution.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and programming.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity efforts embedded into the foundation of all programming and initiatives.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed to support student/departmental events.
- Experience integrating Interfraternity Council and Panhellenic with Multicultural Greek and National PanHellenic Council.
- 5+ years of experience in supervising full-time professional staff while in a full-time profession role.
- 5+ years, post bachelors degree, full-time professional experience within student affairs/multicultural student affairs in a post-secondary institution.
- Experience with designing innovative assessment tools to evaluate the impact of student engagement initiatives.
- Experience with streamlining complex processes, iterative thinking, and lean organizational designs.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter