Business Leadership Faculty, Part-Time
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
The Business Administration department seeks qualified candidates to teach a newly developed first-year experience course for business and professional students entitled "Navigating Leadership and Business Professions" starting Fall 2017. Successful candidates will have a background in both business and leadership.
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
• Master's degree in organizational leadership, human resources, a business discipline (e.g. administration, marketing, management, accounting, finance, operations, hospitality), or a related-degree with 18 graduate credit hours in the above areas.
• Candidates with a business-oriented master's degree must have at least 1 year of leadership experience. Candidates with a leadership-oriented master's degree must have at least 1 year of business experience. A minimum of 3 years work experience in business or leadership positions is required.
• Ability to work successfully with a diverse student population.
• Ability to deliver required, predefined course elements, while drawing from own knowledge and experiences to engage students and make the course one's own.
• Willingness to help community college students further develop their self-leadership skills and professional attitudes and behaviors for college and workplace success.
• Ability to assess student performance and submit grades and related reports in a timely manner.
• Ability to attend initial training sessions and future periodic meetings in the evening to coordinate efforts, share best practices and make course suggestions.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Prior teaching, training, coaching or professional development experience.
• Five or more years of work experience in business and leadership positions.
• Active participation in industry related professional development activities, meetings, and/or conferences.
• Broad knowledge or awareness of various business professions.
Special Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
• Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
• Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
EOE. Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities