Campus Visitor Experience Manager
Campus Visitor Experience Manager
University of Redlands
POSITION CODE: 3815
DEPARTMENT: College of Arts and Sciences Admissions
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, Full-time 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 Months
POSTING DATE: June 16, 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: The Campus Visitor Experience Manager plays a critical role within the Office of Undergraduate Admissions in the College of Arts and Sciences. As the first point of contact for many campus guests, this position is responsible for organizing and managing all campus visits and related visit activities to support recruitment efforts while highlighting the attributes of the university. This position will be responsible for ensuring that the visit experience is comprehensive and welcoming to all constituents including: prospective students and their families, athletic recruits, college access and community based organizations, high school and community college groups, high school and independent counselors and advisors, and special visitors to the university. This position will report directly to the Sr. Associate Director of Operations and supervise professional and student staff.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop and maintain rapport with academic departments, coaches, admissions counselors and admission hosts to enhance a student's campus visit experience. This may include scheduling individual classroom visits, appointments, information sessions and/or campus tours.
• Manage all campus tour, interview, and day and overnight visit requests that come through phone, email, and web.
• Manage and oversee a communication flow for all visitors. This includes using our CRM to create workflows and processes to enhance responsiveness and efficiency in processing and confirming visit requests.
• Create the standard for a visitor's experience. This includes training front desk staff and students on exceptional customer service. This also includes managing visitor material inventory, providing appropriate hospitality, and ensuring that our visit center is aesthetically pleasing and promotes a professional environment at all times.
• Will provide back up support for the front desk staff during peak times or absences including weekends.
• Arranges all aspects of a prospective student's visit. This can include, but is not limited to: meetings with coaches and professors, lunch visits with students, overnight host arrangements, tours, interviews, and classroom visits. This requires this person to build rapport with the entire campus community.
• Welcome every day or overnight prospective student when they arrive on campus to go over their schedule, and introduce them to their host (if applicable.)
• Prepare visit reports on a weekly basis to share with director of admissions and staff. This includes the development, updating, and distribution of all visit surveys. This position will be required to monitor responses, respond if necessary, and provide assessments of the survery with the team.
• Provide comprehensive schedule of recruitment activities including program details and budget information.
• Review visit programs every year for updates and changes.
• Provide yearly report on all campus visits.
• Organizes and coordinates all group visits. This can include groups of up to 50 students.
• Works in tandem with the Admissions Hosts coordinator to ensure all visits have assigned admission hosts. Works closely with coordinating the scheduling, training, and assessment of admission hosts.
• Assists the Admission Counseling staff with special events hosted on campus. This includes coordinating logistical details, tracking rsvp's, and preparing confirmation correspondence.
• As a member of the Admissions Operations team, this position performs other duties related to the processing of admissions applications and supporting documents, mailings, filing, etc during peak times of the year.
• Due to the schedule of our campus visits this position may require work beyond the traditional 8- hour day and includes working some evenings and weekends.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
• Respond to all emails that come through the general admissions inbox. This can include working with other admissions staff for assistance in responding appropriately.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a Bachelor's Degree. Plus five (5) years of related experience, ideally in college admissions work or in a similar position with a high degree of public contact and an increasing progression of responsibilities or an equivalent combination thereof. Successful candidate must have working knowledge of word processing programs, spreadsheets and database software programs such as excel. Must have strong computer skills as this positon will work heavily in a CRM system. Must possess exceptional communication, organizational and service skills, exhibiting attention to detail, problem-solving skills and ability to coordinate and manage last-minute changes and unexpected circumstances. Ability to interact effectively with on and off-campus contacts; interpret regulations; and handle multiple tasks with tight deadlines. Successful candidate will competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Administrator application form at https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909/748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER