Academic Technology Specialist
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an Academic Technology Specialist position. Reporting into the Dean of Flexible Learning Options & Academic Technology (FLOAT), the Academic Technology Specialist assists the Dean in the design, development and modification of multimedia/instructional material, training workshops and instructional design support for on-campus course delivery. As a core member of the FLOAT team, the Academic Technology Specialist is responsible for researching innovative technologies and collaborating with faculty to integrate technology into appropriate instructional activities. This position provides technical support for the College's learning technologies, while collaborating with the ITS division concerning software needs to enhance instruction.
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or technological area is required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• A minimum of two years of related work experience required.
• Previous experience in the instructional integration of information technology required.
• Demonstrated understanding of hardware and software installation and troubleshooting in a desktop computing environment required.
• Previous experience in the development and delivery of technological training required.
• Must be results oriented individual with high attention to detail required.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to address work-related issues and problems.
• Ability to multi-task and communicate effectively required.
• Demonstrated commitment to customer service and ability to collaborate well with others required.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze, design, test, implement and document complex solutions for assigned clients and/or systems required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Strong time management and organizational skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently or as a team member required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Master's degree in a related field is preferred.
• Recent teaching experience in higher education preferred.