Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Assistant Registrar is a member of the leadership team within the Registrar’s Office and supports learning by assisting with the day-to-day operations of the Registrar’s Office.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of all course/section offerings of the academic schedule.
- Work with Off-Campus Education (OED) staff to ensure course sections, registrations, grades, and transcript production are processed in Colleague system.
- Graduation Clearance including: (1) Serves as primary point of contact for degree clearance and graduation in the Registrar’s Office. (2) Maintain SIS graduate application information. (3) Works with departments to facilitate graduation checks and perform final review of degree audits to certify the completion of all graduation requirements ensuring the integrity of the institution is maintained. (4) Post all completed degrees in SIS and responsible for diploma production and distribution. (5) Prepare student list/reader cards for commencement and assist with other commencement activities such as: cap and gown distribution, rehearsal, student line up.
- Collect, record, and maintain academic records in accordance with FERPA and university best practices related to retention.
- Assists with the day to day operations of the Registrar’s Office .
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior experience in a Registrar’s Office or comparable field required.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; ability to work effectively with diverse populations of students, faculty and staff.
- Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible in response to changing priorities.
- Strategic thinking with the ability to identify and to solve problems.
- Excellent computer skills, to include Microsoft Office.
- Ability to move about campus, spend long periods of time at a computer station, and stand for extended periods of time.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.