Residence Hall Director
Position Summary - The Residence Hall Director is a professional, ten month, live-in position, primarily responsible for the students and operation of a single residence hall which houses about 200 residents. Duties include direct supervision of 8-10 Resident Assistants, and ancillary duties as assigned.
Supervision Received/Supervision Exercised - The Residence Hall Director reports directly to the Director of Campus Life and indirectly to the Vice President for Student Life.
• Supervise Resident Assistants and one Senior Resident Assistant in all facets of their job including:
o Building Community through resident involvement
o Teaching resident self responsibility
o Creating a safe, welcoming environment
o Establishing community norms
• Provide programming supervision to ensure staff meets programming requirements
• Oversee administrative and building management responsibilities
• Participate in the professional staff duty rotation
• Manage fiscal resources for programming and development in the Residence Hall
• Conduct low level conduct meetings and judicial hearings
• Provide a mentoring relationship that assists with the development of student staff
• Assist with Resident Assistant staff selection and training
• Communicate and collaborate frequently with Alma College faculty, staff, and students to help better meet the needs of students.
• An ancillary assignment in a related Student Life area or sector on campus. The Ancillary may be in one of the following areas: student conduct, student activities, themed housing, selection and training, or may be a collaboration with another office or area on campus.
• Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications - Bachelor’s degree and two years of residence life or related experience required.
Preferred Qualifications - Masters Degree in a related field. Weekend and/or late night programming experience. Experience working with programming and student conduct strongly desired.
Interested candidates should submit an Alma College application and a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references with e-mail addresses and telephone numbers to email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin June 30, 2017 and continue until the position is filled. Incomplete application files will not be considered.
For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897- employment-application.
The Residence Hall Director position has an anticipated start date of August 1, 2017.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.