Assistant Vice President of Enrollment Management
POSITION CATEGORY: Full-time 12-month college-funded administrative position reporting to the Vice President of Student Services. Salary Range $72,000 - $96,000
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Assistant Vice President of Enrollment Management reports to the Vice President of Student Services and is responsible for implementation of college policy and procedures regarding recruitment, enrollment, retention and the goal achievement of students. The Assistant Vice President directly oversees the operations of Admissions, Financial Aid, Records and Registration and the Equal Opportunity Program (EOP). The Assistant Vice President is a member of the Executive Council and the Academic Affairs Council. As a member of the Student Services’ leadership team, the AVP confers with other members of the team on issues affecting those areas and formulates policy recommendations to the Vice President of Student Services concerning such matters as strategic and operational planning, cooperative ventures, communication, allocation of resources, and personnel considerations, etc. The Assistant Vice President participates fully in these discussions and provides information and analysis concerning implications and consequences of options being considered.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Conducts purposeful research to drive enrollment strategies – generating, processing, interpreting, and applying data toward the effective recruitment and retention of students.
- Formulates, disseminates, carries out, and continually improves a systematic and results-directed enrollment plan as a key component of the College’s comprehensive plan
- Interacts personally and energetically with schools, businesses, agencies, government and other constituencies within the College’s service community to stimulate interest in and attract students to the College.
- Supervises and assists the Director of Admissions in planning and managing the conduct and resources of the admissions operation for its maximal recruitment and processing of new students opportunities for students.
- Coordinates with the Director of Student Development in planning and managing the conduct and resources for student advising.
- Assists the Director of Publications Relations and Marketing and the website administrator in planning and managing the conduct and resources for the production and dissemination of printed materials and other media messages intended to market the College and promote enrollments.
- Conducts purposeful research to drive enrollment strategies – generating, processing, interpreting and applying data toward the effective recruitment and retention of students.
- Collaborates with the Academic Affairs Division regarding retention of students.
- Continually improves the systematic and results-directed enrollment plan as a key component of the College’s comprehensive plan.
- Serves on the Executive Council and Academic Affairs Council.
- Chairs the Strategic Enrollment Management Committee.
- Serves on College committees and participates in such other institutional activities as planning, assessment and preparation of grants.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree; minimum of five (5) years combined experience in higher education working in enrollment, student services, admissions or other related fields; three (3) years of which must have been in a responsible educational administrative or supervisory capacity.
DESIRED QUALIFICATION: Doctorate degree in related field. Community college experience in admissions, financial aid, enrollment services or related field preferred.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Must have strong leadership, management, organizational and interpersonal communication skills; ability to work collaboratively using a team approach to problem solving and decision making; able to communicate verbally and in writing; must be able to relate to and interact with students, faculty, staff and senior administration; must be able to develop and prepare written reports; comprehensive knowledge of College policies and procedures; knowledge of higher education administration and enrollment management practices, mission, and operations; ability to encourage, understand, and appreciate the unique challenges of strategic enrollment management in a community college setting; knowledge and appreciation of the community college philosophy/mission and the educational and social needs of a diverse population of students; familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, Online self-service systems and student portal, Banner /Ellucian or related products; must be able to physically perform the functions of this position.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Niagara County Community College considers only those applications that clearly demonstrate the applicant meets all required qualifications. Persons meeting the required qualifications as stated above should send cover letter that addresses each of the qualifications; resume; copies of unofficial transcripts of all degrees awarded; and the names and contact information for three (3) current, work-related references to Human Resources, Niagara County Community College, Sanborn, NY 14132. E-mail: HR@niagaracc.suny.edu. Incomplete packets may be rejected for lack of information. Three written letters of reference from applicant’s references must be sent to the above address or email before an on campus interview. Search will remain open until candidate is selected, however to ensure consideration materials should be received by July 17, 2017. Review of applications will begin immediately. NCCC is an EOE/AA SUNY Institution, dedicated to work force diversity. Finalist(s) is/are subject to successful results of a criminal background check.